Article Comment: 2010 State Quarterfinals Proposal from the Coaches Association
01/29/2009 11:25:31 AM
User
I like the proposal. The only problem I see is that we will still run into the same problem which is at the state meet. The problem is the the top 4 in each heat does not guarantee your fastes runners. I strongly feel that we should have the heat winners and the next 6 fastest times.
I like the proposal. The only problem I see is that we will still run into the same problem which is at the state meet. The problem is the the top 4 in each heat does not guarantee your fastes runners. I strongly feel that we should have the heat winners and the next 6 fastest times.
01/29/2009 11:51:18 AM
User
Greetings Was not able to attend Coaches Clinic. What news came out of it about this proposal. Also anything mentioned about the 4x800 or 4x200.
Greetings
Was not able to attend Coaches Clinic. What news came out of it about this proposal. Also anything mentioned about the 4x800 or 4x200.
01/30/2009 10:14:09 PM
User
Without question, we all have our own thoughts about the qualifying procedure at the State Meets. One of the benefits of a quarterfinal round preceding the semifinals at both Jefferson / Albany is that we will have ELIMINATED two of the major problems in the SEEDING process there; seeding Region Winners first, then Region Runners-up as well as eliminating the Region Split concept. The elimination of these two factors will greatly enhance the ability for the eight fastest to qualify to the final, although not completely eliminate the problem of unbalanced semifinal heats.
Without question, we all have our own thoughts about the qualifying procedure at the State Meets. One of the benefits of a quarterfinal round preceding the semifinals at both Jefferson / Albany is that we will have ELIMINATED two of the major problems in the SEEDING process there; seeding Region Winners first, then Region Runners-up as well as eliminating the Region Split concept. The elimination of these two factors will greatly enhance the ability for the eight fastest to qualify to the final, although not completely eliminate the problem of unbalanced semifinal heats.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.