Annual Georgia Track and Field Clinic Jan. 14, 2012 at Wesleyan H.S.

• Coach
    Insider
    tsitton
    Coaches,

I will be sending out the schedule soon for the Annual Georgia Track and Field Clinic at Wesleyan. We will be hope to have an information meeting at the clinic, those in attendance for the clinic will be to attend the only face to face mandatory Track Rules Clinic on Saturday, and hear a number of good speakers.

Jim Ryun,Olympian and Legend, Billy White Shoes Johnson will be doing a sprint session geared towards track and football, Brady Sigler will be doing three sessions (Jumps, hurdles, and Sprints), Ralph White (Collegiate coach who has coached many Olympians, James Tigue (Parkview)and Andy Christie (Mill Creek) will be doing sessions in cross country training and the distance events, Amy Eubanks (Westminster), and others will be speaking at the clinic. We will have a session by the assistant coach at Emory speaking on nutrition, and have an excellent crew for the throws and pole vault.

The fee will be $40.00 and is a one day clinic and includes lunch. We hope that you will be able to attend. Jim Ryun will be speaking at the Marriott on Friday, Jan. 13 unless we can find a school on the 13th that Jim Ryun can speak at that night. I feel we have a great group of speakers and will put together a tentative schedule for the clinic soon.

Tomy Sitton
  • Ryan McClay
    Site Admin
    Insider
    spxcoachrm
    Just got the schedule for this in the mail yesterday and it got me thinking back to what Matthews was pushing for a few weeks ago. He wanted all the "top" coaches to share with the rest of the state on here what their training methods are. That's essentially what this is. Last year the Brookwood coaches held several sessions sharing their training practices and philosophies. They were of course willing to answer any and all questions along the way. There were multiple other coaches that shared what they did as well(and I stole some nice workouts from them!). This year we've got coaches Christie, Tigue, and Eubanks sharing some of their secrets to success in distance running. I went last year and will be going again this year and I hope other coaches take advantage of this
  • Coach
    Insider
    tsitton
    @hdotson

I have sent Bruce the clinic information 10 minutes ago.

Basics:

Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 Jim Ryun (Former World Record Holder and Congressman) Kansas
    7:30-8:30 at Marriott, Norcross on Technology and Peachtree Industrial $5.00 charge (No Charge for those registered for clinic on Saturday, Jan. 14 at Wesleyan High School in Norcross)

Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012 at Wesleyan High School
    Georgia Annual Clinic at Wesleyan High School Norcross Clinic Times: 8:00-3:20
    $45.00 Per individual (Includes Clinic Notes, Lunch, GHSA Rules Clinic, and Clinic)
    $40.00 Per individual for schools with 5 coaches or more
    Johnny Seabrooks & Gary Phillips will be directing the track rules clinic.

Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012
    Jim Ryun will speak to general public (open to anybody)at McEachern, Powder Springs, Ga. at the Performing Arts Building at McEachern $2.00-$5.00 per person

Two Sessions will take place at the clinic (Jan.14) to answer any questions anyone may have about about 2012 Track Sectional

Check out the line up for the track clinic. It is a good one!!!
  • Coach
    Insider
    tsitton
    @tsitton

There are 6 Distance/Cross Country Sessions at the Clinic on Saturday, Jan. 14 at Wesleyan High School. Jim Ryun will be autographing books at the clinc. His talk at McEachern on Jan. 14th at 7:00 will be geared toward his running and his life as a Christian. Besides having held a number of world records Jim Ryun has served over 10 years as a Representative in the Washington D.C.
  • Ryan McClay
    Site Admin
    Insider
    spxcoachrm
    It just occured to me that this will be going on while the marathon olympic trials are bieng run. But I'm not sure if the trials will be streaming online because I think NBC bought the rights to the event (although flotrack could have something). I noticed that the trials are on later that day from 3-5pm, maybe you could add that to your schedule in a viewing room or something...
  • Coach
    Insider
    tsitton
    @spxcoachrm

We have to be out of Wesleyan for another activity at 3:30. Jim Ryun will be giving his testimony at McEachern at 7:00 on Saturday Night. Jan. 14, 2012.
  • Coach
    Insider
    tsitton
    @Bansley2

Jim Ryun will have books for sale and be signing the books on Friday Night Jan. 13 at the Marriott on Technology, and at the Clinic Jan. 14 at Wesleyan. There is a strong interest to see Jim Ryun on the 13th and 14th of Jan.