How was the Video we Shot? Did you Enjoy it?
11/09/2017 1:53:26 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
There was a little misunderstanding of where, and how we wanted certain areas shot(which is my bad as Director) We need some feedback on this though, so we can continue to improve. Fans/Coaches will unknowingly block shots in their enthusiasm. Understand, when we pay photographers/videographers for a job, its Subscription/MileSplit Insider only..I wish everyone was able to watch races we shot... The video, in my opinion, is worth a look. Thanks B-)
There was a little misunderstanding of where, and how we wanted certain areas shot(which is my bad as Director) We need some feedback on this though, so we can continue to improve. Fans/Coaches will unknowingly block shots in their enthusiasm. Understand, when we pay photographers/videographers for a job, its Subscription/MileSplit Insider only..I wish everyone was able to watch races we shot... The video, in my opinion, is worth a look. Thanks
11/09/2017 7:57:18 AM
Power User
@gawebmaster I liked it! Multiple people is way easier to get multiple locations than back when I did it by myself. As a coach being able to look at place throughout the race helps me with my athletes. Bravo to the ones shooting!
@gawebmaster I liked it! Multiple people is way easier to get multiple locations than back when I did it by myself. As a coach being able to look at place throughout the race helps me with my athletes. Bravo to the ones shooting!
11/09/2017 2:35:10 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Ideally, state would have chipped mats at the mile and 2 mile marks so every athlete and coach could get accurate splits. In lieu of that, having video shot at state from those places would be a big help to coaches to capture split time / place data. For the Saturday videos, would have preferred to have the steady camera at the finish line instead of the camera trying to follow the action, swinging back and forth. Would also like to see the video shoot last a bit longer on most shots, especially at the finish. The 7A videos mostly focused on the top 20, but most people watching videos are interested in more than the competitive battle up front. I'm always upset when watching any big distance race in pay per view when all they do is follow the leader, including after the finish watching this person bend over, drink water, stagger around and miss the finishes of all the other runners. Happens all the time in college races on pay / view and I keep thinking, SHOW THE RACES, NOONE WANTS TO WATCH THE WINNER AFTER THE TAPE. Very few fans are watching high school running races on pay per view just to see who wins. They are looking to see their athletes, themselves, their teammates, their kids, their friend, etc. You'd get more subscribers if videos showed more of the field. All that having been said, I think Milesplit would be smart to invest all its energy in producing video of races in XC versus taking 1000s of pictures. Dial up the post production values the way ATC does for its Wingfoot videos and you have a product that more people would be happy to pay for.
Ideally, state would have chipped mats at the mile and 2 mile marks so every athlete and coach could get accurate splits. In lieu of that, having video shot at state from those places would be a big help to coaches to capture split time / place data. For the Saturday videos, would have preferred to have the steady camera at the finish line instead of the camera trying to follow the action, swinging back and forth. Would also like to see the video shoot last a bit longer on most shots, especially at the finish. The 7A videos mostly focused on the top 20, but most people watching videos are interested in more than the competitive battle up front. I'm always upset when watching any big distance race in pay per view when all they do is follow the leader, including after the finish watching this person bend over, drink water, stagger around and miss the finishes of all the other runners. Happens all the time in college races on pay / view and I keep thinking, SHOW THE RACES, NOONE WANTS TO WATCH THE WINNER AFTER THE TAPE. Very few fans are watching high school running races on pay per view just to see who wins. They are looking to see their athletes, themselves, their teammates, their kids, their friend, etc. You'd get more subscribers if videos showed more of the field.

All that having been said, I think Milesplit would be smart to invest all its energy in producing video of races in XC versus taking 1000s of pictures. Dial up the post production values the way ATC does for its Wingfoot videos and you have a product that more people would be happy to pay for.
11/10/2017 6:08:30 AM
User
We appreciate the feedback! Many of the things you have pointed out we have already been thinking about how we can improve. Looking back there are a lot of little things I would like to change but when you only get one shot at it, it is what it is. We hope to be able to shoot again next year and use this experience to make it the best state meet video ever.
We appreciate the feedback! Many of the things you have pointed out we have already been thinking about how we can improve. Looking back there are a lot of little things I would like to change but when you only get one shot at it, it is what it is. We hope to be able to shoot again next year and use this experience to make it the best state meet video ever.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.