Alexander / Asics Invitational 2016
09/06/2016 10:53:02 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Is the open race only open to high school runners? Or are unattached 8th graders allowed to run if they are able to run in under 25 minutes? Thank you for your time.
Is the open race only open to high school runners? Or are unattached 8th graders allowed to run if they are able to run in under 25 minutes? Thank you for your time.
09/06/2016 11:29:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
As long as they register through a school.
As long as they register through a school.
09/06/2016 2:26:35 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you! Do you allow registered USATF running clubs to register athletes, or only schools? Thank you so much for your time.
Thank you! Do you allow registered USATF running clubs to register athletes, or only schools? Thank you so much for your time.
09/07/2016 8:32:37 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If they are 8th graders running in the open race they can.
If they are 8th graders running in the open race they can.
09/07/2016 9:29:24 AM
Power User
@BrianRobinson Is the "open" race GHSA/NFHS sanctioned? If so, no unattached athletes are permitted and they would have to register through the JV program of their high school. I could be mistaken, but a few years ago the GHSA stated that "open races" with adults, middle school, and GHSA-uniform-wearing high school kids are not permitted. This is why we did away with the "open" community race at Double Dip. I know we frequently call "JV" races "open," but the standard GHSA sanctioning requirements still apply. Brian - this is not intended to be accusatory. I am just curious about where this falls now under the current rules. So open to all rules-junkies, where does this kind of thing fall? I would love to have a community race again at DD.
@BrianRobinson

Is the "open" race GHSA/NFHS sanctioned? If so, no unattached athletes are permitted and they would have to register through the JV program of their high school. I could be mistaken, but a few years ago the GHSA stated that "open races" with adults, middle school, and GHSA-uniform-wearing high school kids are not permitted. This is why we did away with the "open" community race at Double Dip. I know we frequently call "JV" races "open," but the standard GHSA sanctioning requirements still apply.

Brian - this is not intended to be accusatory. I am just curious about where this falls now under the current rules. So open to all rules-junkies, where does this kind of thing fall? I would love to have a community race again at DD.
09/07/2016 11:15:52 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@MaristXCcoach According to my conversations with GHSA you can have an open community race, but GHSA athletes cannot compete against non-ghsa/gicaa/gisa teams/individuals. 8th graders must be on the roster of the High School if they compete and cannot compete in varsity divisions. Community race should not be an issue so long as no high school athletes on an XC team are competing, if they do compete they must be out of uniform and not associated with a team. That's how we have it set-up for Wingfoot and are within both NFHS and GHSA Sanctions.
@MaristXCcoach

According to my conversations with GHSA you can have an open community race, but GHSA athletes cannot compete against non-ghsa/gicaa/gisa teams/individuals. 8th graders must be on the roster of the High School if they compete and cannot compete in varsity divisions.

Community race should not be an issue so long as no high school athletes on an XC team are competing, if they do compete they must be out of uniform and not associated with a team. That's how we have it set-up for Wingfoot and are within both NFHS and GHSA Sanctions.
09/07/2016 12:46:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What I meant to say is if they are registered with a school then they can run. Not Unattached.
What I meant to say is if they are registered with a school then they can run. Not Unattached.
09/07/2016 6:20:49 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you!
Thank you!
09/24/2016 3:52:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BrianRobinson I've entered 17 athletes into the meet...how do we dictate which races we're trying to enter them into? I'm looking for 7 "varsity" runners in the Championship and 10 in the 1A-4A Race. We're an all-boy school from Kentucky. Thanks!
@BrianRobinson
I've entered 17 athletes into the meet...how do we dictate which races we're trying to enter them into? I'm looking for 7 "varsity" runners in the Championship and 10 in the 1A-4A Race.

We're an all-boy school from Kentucky.

Thanks!
09/24/2016 6:36:17 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@holzkiewuf coach you pick. I sent you an email
@holzkiewuf coach you pick. I sent you an email
10/05/2016 10:27:48 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BrianRobinson Coach, if the Disney meet gets cancelled due to the hurricane, can we still get in your race?
@BrianRobinson Coach, if the Disney meet gets cancelled due to the hurricane, can we still get in your race?
10/05/2016 10:53:54 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@xcsteeple We are going to keep the meet open until tomorrow at 12 noon. I would go ahead and enter our meet just in case so you want miss the deadline. If Disney isn't cancelled then don't worry about it.
@xcsteeple We are going to keep the meet open until tomorrow at 12 noon. I would go ahead and enter our meet just in case so you want miss the deadline. If Disney isn't cancelled then don't worry about it.
10/05/2016 12:35:32 PM
Admin
@BrianRobinson This meet will officially close at midnight tonight (Oct. 5th). Any late teams to enter must contact Alexander High - Brian Robinson.
@BrianRobinson

This meet will officially close at midnight tonight (Oct. 5th). Any late teams to enter must contact Alexander High - Brian Robinson.
10/05/2016 6:41:48 PM
Coach
@BrianRobinson Alpharetta High is now entered as Disney was cancelled. Can we bring payment to the meet? Thanks!
@BrianRobinson
Alpharetta High is now entered as Disney was cancelled. Can we bring payment to the meet? Thanks!
10/05/2016 7:29:28 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BrianRobinson - Can Alpharetta get in the Championship race for both boys and girls?
@BrianRobinson - Can Alpharetta get in the Championship race for both boys and girls?
10/05/2016 9:07:57 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have one athlete running for Mt. Juliet High School in TN that I would like to enter, but the system is not letting me enter. Can I enter her on site, or is there another way to get her in? I would be happy to send payment or pay at the meet. The athlete is Jalyn Jenkins. She is listed in TN Milesplit
I have one athlete running for Mt. Juliet High School in TN that I would like to enter, but the system is not letting me enter. Can I enter her on site, or is there another way to get her in? I would be happy to send payment or pay at the meet.

The athlete is Jalyn Jenkins. She is listed in TN Milesplit
10/05/2016 9:29:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@xcsteeple Yes
@xcsteeple Yes
10/05/2016 9:30:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jjenkins95 Coach I will put her in.
@jjenkins95 Coach I will put her in.
10/06/2016 9:13:25 AM
Coach
Coach - I just entered my Dacula girls last night due to the Disney cancellation. I am planning on running girls in the Champ/Varsity and JV/Open races (as all of our girls were scheduled to race at Disney). I will bring a check with me to the meet on Saturday - running in all of those races would be $200, correct? And could you let me know if/what late fees would be associated with that? Thanks so much! Cat Morgan
Coach - I just entered my Dacula girls last night due to the Disney cancellation. I am planning on running girls in the Champ/Varsity and JV/Open races (as all of our girls were scheduled to race at Disney). I will bring a check with me to the meet on Saturday - running in all of those races would be $200, correct? And could you let me know if/what late fees would be associated with that?
Thanks so much!
Cat Morgan
10/06/2016 10:00:42 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BrianRobinson Thanks coach! Were you able to get her in? Just need to confirm so I can get travel plans in order. We are coming from TN. BTW, she will be in the girls championship race.
@BrianRobinson Thanks coach! Were you able to get her in? Just need to confirm so I can get travel plans in order. We are coming from TN. BTW, she will be in the girls championship race.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.