The 2020 Atlanta Classic
Hosted by Chapel Hill High School
Important: Please make sure your entries are in by 9:59 PM on Wednesday, October 7 via Milesplit.
Coaches: Here are your Team Tent/Area assignment numbers. atlanta_classic_2020_-_team_numbers.pdf
Please print, fill out, and turn in the Covid19 Waiver at Packet Pickup. covid19_waiver_atlanta_classic.pdf
Championship Teams and Individuals List: ATLClassicChampionshipTeamsIndividuals.pdf
2:30 Varsity boys 5A-7A
3:00 Varsity girls 5A-7A
3:30 JV boys 5A-7A
4:00 JV girls 5A-7A
4:30 Championship Varsity boys all classification
5:00 Championship Varsity girls all classification
5:30 Varsity boys 4A-1A
6:00 Varsity girls 4A-1A
6:30 JV boys 4A-1A/JV girls 4A-1A
- SELECTION FOR CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL VARSITY AND JV WILL BE BASED ON BASED ON CURRENT TIMES. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO BE IN CHAMPIONSHIPS RACES AND NUMBER OF YOUR RUNNERS FROM YOUR TEAM YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THAT RACE
- EX: WOULD BE I HAVE ONE GREAT RUNNER AND 6 THAT ARE OK I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM/HER IN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP
Note update as of Friday afternoon to make sure we are up to date on everything
- NEW - Team trophies (Top 2 teams) will be awarded right after the completion of the Varsity and Championship races.
- NEW - Medals for all races will be awarded in the finish chute.
- JV Races will be team-scored but there will be no team trophies EXCEPT FOR CHAMPIONSHIP DIV
- In all races, medals will be awarded to the Top 6 finishers
- Championship and Varsity Boys & Girls Individual winners will receive a Dry-Fit T-Shirt.
All athletes should be entered through the Milesplit entry portal, accessed through our Meet Homepage on the Calendar. It is not necessary to assign athletes to the individual races, just ensure that your entire roster is entered. Each athlete will receive a shoe chip and a bib number, and you decide on race morning which event you'd like to have your runners compete in.
Championship Races and Varsity Races we request that you limit your entries here to 7 athletes per race.
Timing and Results
The Perfect Timing Group will handle results and scoring. Each athlete will be assigned a shoe chip and each athlete's name and time will appear in the official results for their race. Please note the following:
1) Bib numbers must match the chip numbers for each athlete.
2) Use the provided zip-ties to secure chips to EITHER shoe. We will remove the chips in the finish chute with scissors, and attaching the chip to shoelaces means well have to cut shoelaces!
3) VERY IMPORTANT please return ALL your team chips to the Timers at the finish line before leaving. There is a $20 fee for each un-returned chip.
Race Packet Pick-up and Check-in
The packet pick-up table will be adjacent to the finish line area.
The course consists of two loops of roughly 1.6 miles each. While there are small rolling hills throughout, the only "uncomfortable" hill is at the roughly 1.3 and 2.7 mile marks (i.e., once on each loop). This is a gradual incline of about 150 meters. Once crested on the 2nd loop, runners have a nice 180 meter downhill stretch to the finish.
The course has a variety of grass, dirt, sand and loose gravel. No asphalt or concrete road crossings! Racing spikes are entirely appropriate.
Sedentary spectators will view runners at the start, half-way and finish. Spectators who don't mind being a little mobile can also get nice views of athletes at 1,200 meters and 3,600 meters, the latter of which offers plenty of time to get back to the finish before athletes arrive.
Maps of Race Course
Visit our Atlanta Classic website for all maps and videos. (https://sites.google.com/view/atlantaclassic/home)
For a map of the course, click new_atlanta_classic_course_2020-1.jpg
For a satellite map, click clintonsatellitecourse5k-1.jpg
Split times will be called at both the 1 and 2 mile marks.
The course will be open at 2 pm on Friday for preview.
There is a parking fee of $5 per vehicle. Vehicles carrying only coaches or athletes do not pay this fee. However, if a parent is transporting athletes with an intent to stay at the meet, that parent will be asked to pay the fee. We'd appreciate it if you could pass this information along to your parents ahead of time. Please help speed up parking and encourage Exact Change!
After you turn right into the park off Ephesus Church road...
* Cars will take the first right into the big field (for those who've attended before, this is the same field where parking always is).
* Buses will take the second right after entering the park and will then park along the tree-line (again, same place as where the buses traditionally park). We ask that buses park first and then equipment, tents, etc. be unloaded, versus unloading equipment while still on the road. We've had some parking back-up issues in the past and just want to keep traffic flow moving so we appreciate you letting your bus drivers know that they should park before unloading.
Results will be posted on the fence behind the starting line for all 6 races as soon as possible after the completion of each event. Results will be posted on Milesplit.com on Saturday afternoon.
- Varsity Boys AND Girls Teams - $250.00
- Varsity Boys OR Girls Teams - $125.00
- JV Boys AND Girls - $150.00
- JV Boys OR Girls - $100
- Maximum Fee per school $300 (unlimited athletes)
Make checks payable to:
Chapel Hill High School
Attn: Kelly Williams
4899 Chapel Hill Rd.
Douglasville, GA 30135
Directions to Clinton Nature Preserve
Click HERE for directions via Google Maps.
Take I-20 to Post Road (Exit 30). Go south (left turn if traveling west-bound from Atlanta) about 1 mile to Ephesus Church Rd. Turn Right on Ephesus Church Road. Clinton Nature Preserve will be about 1 and 1/2 miles on the right.
Requests for additional information should be e-mailed to Kelly Williams at email@example.com
- No discussions yet. Be the first!