1. Model- On paper, Model shoild dominate AA this Fall. They were the top public school in AA last Fall placing 7th behind SVA. The Blue Devils return 5 of their top 6 including top runners Kelsey Wade and Carrah Arrant.
2. St. Vincent's Academy- SVA has been a top 6-7 team for many seasons now. After a 6th place finish in 2015, the lone private school on the Girls side has some work to do to keep a private school on top. They have some reloading to do as only 3 returners are back and they loast their top runner (Eischeid) Laren O'Hearn is their top returner.
3. Rabun County- The 8-AA Tigers placed 11th in 2015 (5th public school) They do return 3 of their top 5 including top runner Georgia Stockton. Their destiny will be determined by how much their 2015 JVs can contribute this season.
4. Rockmart- Rockmart is a possible Podium team (along with the 2-7 ranked teams) Coming off a 14th place finish in AA, the Jackets do have 6 of their top 7 back. Allie Sproul and Madison Bozydaj were their top finishers at State last Fall.
5. Social Circle- The Redskins were a spot behind Rabun County in 2015. If they can circle the wagons this season and improve the Skins' could find a Podium spot. The outlook is bright as their top 7 should be back. They actually had the best 1-5 split of the public schools at State. Top runners there were Heather Penley and Alyssa Irvin.
6. Gordon Central- Gordon Central finished 3 spots behind Rockmart last season. Their top girl and depth are gone, but their 2-4 are back. they will need to develop some JVs or new talent to be a real podium threat. Yamilet Ramirez is their top returner from State.
7. Armuchee- Armuchee was 4 points in back of Social Circle in 2015. The 6-AA Indians tied with Gordon Central in a virtual meet based on returners average times. They have a solid top 3 in Gracie Frederick, Addie Grace Trejo and Blaine Fox but need to develop some depth.
8. Bleckley County- One would think Bleckley County would be ranked higher than 8th after an 8th place finish last season. The Royals lost Ellen Powell, but return 4 of their top 6 including Macy Moe and Jahnaria Brown. Their course toughness could be skewing their ranking a bit.
9. Banks County- The 8-AA Jaguars come off a 13th place finish in AAA last season and should feel more competitive in AA. Banks does return 6 of their top 7 including top runner Allison Smith. They need to get alot faster to push for a top 6 spot.
10. Jeff Davis- Jeff Davis placed 16th behind Coosa in 2015. The great news is the Jackets could have their entire top 7 back and should easily get out of 2-AA. Top returners are Marie Ann Escobar and Brenda Franco.
Watch List- Coosa, Berrien County