We have 3 goals for our home meets
- Put on a high quality competition so that athletes get a chance to run fast, jump and throw high and far.
- Deliver an on-time meet with our volunteers so that coaches can coach their athletes and not have do not have to work the meet
- Put on a safe competition given COVID.
Here are a a few of our plans for safety.
- Each team to bring their own water and their COVID certification forms to packet pick-up
- We will spread teams a part; each team will be given a designated area in the visitors stands or the field behind the stands
- Managing heats to the starting line; we will keep each heat spread a part and keep the heats 10 feet apart.
- We will escort each heat off of the track outside the fence.
- Fans and athletes will be separate; Fans to stay in the stands for running and all field events; behind the fence for shot put and discus.
- No athletes will be allowed on the field unless they are competing; we will be using wrist bands for all field event athletes.EntriesEvery team gets 1 entry per relay. The 4x100 relay can have 2 entries and 3 entries in the field events and 3200m.AwardsTop 3 relays/individuals will medal and Top 3 teams will receive trophiesSchedule of Events:We will have our HD Jumbo scoreboard with live results and live video of Track and Field events! In addition to the scoreboard, we have a brand new resurfaced 8 lane track, new hurdles, a new pole vault pit and 2 shot put and discus areas as well as 2 high jump pits. All timing will be FAT. Instructions for registering are found above. Checks for $150.00 per gender or $300.00 total for both teams should be made to: Finish Line Booster Club. Mail entry fees to: Starr's Mill High School Track & Field attn: Coach Walker 193 Panther Path Fayetteville, GA 30215
Admission: $5 per spectator
Once we have your entry fee, we will email you a password to register! We will take the first 24 teams. firstname.lastname@example.org Also, refer to our team website www.starrsmilltfxc.com for further information.
Individual Entry Limits:A contestant in Track and Field may compete in a maximum of four (4) events and may not be entered in more than four events, excluding relays. If a contestant is entered in more than the allowable number of events, meet management shall scratch the contestant from the excess event(s) by following the listed Order of Events. A contestant may officially compete in:1. Four individual events - NO Relay events.2. Three individual events - May be listed on any number of relay events but compete in only one relay event.3. Two individual events - May be listed on any number of relay events but compete in only two relay events.4. One individual event - May be listed on all three relay events and compete in all three relay events.Each school may have three (3) entries in each individual event and one (1) entry in each relay event.
SEE MEET INFORMATION ABOVE for UPDATED MEET SCHEDULE
- No discussions yet. Be the first!