This race is in honor of one of our fellow runners Zack Wansley. Zack was a remarkable young man who ran for both Chapel Hill High and Ga Tech. Zack tragically passed away while training for the Atlanta Marathon. In honor of this remarkable young man and his passion for nature and running we have dedicated awards and a race in his name.
Clinton Nature Preserve
8720 Ephesus Church Road
Villa Rica, Georgia 30180
Registration must be completed by August 15.
Girls Varsity 8:00
Boys Varsity 8:40
Girls JV 9:15
Boys JV 9:55
Top 2 Boys and Girls Varsity teams will receive trophies
JV Races will be team-scored but there will be no team trophies
In all 4 races, medals will be awarded to the Top 8 finishers (32 medals in total)
Varsity Boys & Girls Individual winners will receive a Dry-Fit T-ShirtAll athletes should be entered through the Milesplit entry portal, accessed through our Meet Homepage on the Calendar. It is not necessary to assign athletes to the individual races, just ensure that your entire roster is entered. Each athlete will receive a shoe chip and a bib number, and you decide on race morning which event youd like to have your runners compete in (but please run only in those races which youve previously indicated youd run in via communication with the Meet Director).
Varsity Races: in general we request that you limit your entries here to 10 athletes per varsity race and the rest will run JV.
Timing and Results:
The Perfect Timing Group will handle results and scoring. Each athlete will be assigned a shoe chip and each athlete's name and time will appear in the official results for their race. Please note the following:
1) Bib numbers must match the chip numbers for each athlete.
2) Use the provided zip-ties to secure chips to EITHER shoe. We will remove the chips in the finish chute with scissors, and attaching the chip to shoelaces means well have to cut shoelaces!
3) VERY IMPORTANT please return ALL your team chips to the Timers at the finish line before leaving. There is a $20 fee for each un-returned chip.
4) With single-chip scoring, opportunities exist for an athletes place as determined using a torso finish to differ from the place based on the shoe-chip reading (i.e., in a very close finish where a FAT camera has to be used to determine the proper order of finish). In our Championship events, we ask coaches to review the results as soon as they are posted and to make the timer aware of any instances where team PLACES might be affected by an improper ordering of two athletes. We will review issues involving the Top 2 team places immediately (inasmuch as awards are in play), and will attempt to review other requests after completion of the meet. Please use discretion here, understanding that the beauty of chip timing is in its efficiency and the fact that it allows us to complete the races and results-compilation very quickly.
5) We will use traditional scoring for team results. In some case, schools will have more than 7 athletes in the Varsity races, and in those cases we will ask those schools to declare which of their 7 athletes should be counted for scoring. Every effort will be made to insure that the results reflect the properly scored athletes, but the Coaches efforts are appreciated in timely reviewing results to note any discrepancies.
Race Packet Pick-up and Check-in
The packet pick-up table will be adjacent to the finish line area.
Meet Starter and Referee:
We're honored to have Mr. Freddy Allen this year as our official starter and meet referee
Split times will be called at both the 1 and 2 mile marks.
The course will be open at 2 pm on Friday for preview.
There is a parking fee of $5 per vehicle. Vehicles carrying only coaches or athletes do not pay this fee. However, if a parent is transporting athletes with an intent to stay at the meet, that parent will be asked to pay the fee. Wed appreciate it if you could pass this information along to your parents ahead of time. Car pooling is encouraged!
The main area for tents will be in a large open field adjacent to the start/finish field
Results will be posted on the fence behind the starting line for all 6 races as soon as possible after the completion of each event. Results will be posted on Milesplit.com on Saturday afternoon.
Varsity Boys AND Girls Teams - $150
Varsity Boys OR Girls Teams - $80
JV Boys AND Girls - $100
JV Boys OR Girls - $60
Maximum Fee per school $180
Check should be made out to:
Chapel Hill Booster Club
4899 Chapel Hill Rd
Douglasville Ga 30135
c/o Kelly Williams
Requests for additional information should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No discussions yet. Be the first!