Sad news: Tommy Deaton
06/10/2021 10:49:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I wanted to share the sad news of the passing of Tommy Deaton, longtime track and cross country coach in the Athens Area. He died from injuries sustained in an motorcycle accident in Louisiana earlier this week. Tommy coached for 30 plus years at Athens Academy and all of his 7 children competed for the cross country and track teams there at some point. In the last several years he had been serving as the PV coach for North Oconee. His love of working with young people was an inspiration for those who had the privilege to work with him and his infectious positive attitude will be sorely missed. Services will be held Saturday at Prince Avenue Baptist, where Tommy served as a deacon.
I wanted to share the sad news of the passing of Tommy Deaton, longtime track and cross country coach in the Athens Area. He died from injuries sustained in an motorcycle accident in Louisiana earlier this week. Tommy coached for 30 plus years at Athens Academy and all of his 7 children competed for the cross country and track teams there at some point. In the last several years he had been serving as the PV coach for North Oconee. His love of working with young people was an inspiration for those who had the privilege to work with him and his infectious positive attitude will be sorely missed. Services will be held Saturday at Prince Avenue Baptist, where Tommy served as a deacon.
06/11/2021 12:09:52 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I was so sad to hear this news. His son Paul Deaton was my coach at Berry (and is still the XC/Distance coach at Berry). I got to know Tommy at Track meets and he was always so welcoming and friendly. He will be missed.
I was so sad to hear this news. His son Paul Deaton was my coach at Berry (and is still the XC/Distance coach at Berry). I got to know Tommy at Track meets and he was always so welcoming and friendly. He will be missed.
06/11/2021 6:14:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@tpee Ugh Coach Pee. This is tough to hear. The whole Deaton family is wonderful and so tied in with the Track/XC community here in GA. Coach Tommy was always full of great wisdom and I enjoyed being a sponge and learning from him.
@tpee Ugh Coach Pee. This is tough to hear. The whole Deaton family is wonderful and so tied in with the Track/XC community here in GA. Coach Tommy was always full of great wisdom and I enjoyed being a sponge and learning from him.
06/24/2021 11:21:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
So sorry to hear of his passing . Prayers to the family and coaching staff
So sorry to hear of his passing . Prayers to the family and coaching staff

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.