7A- Regions 4, 7, 8
@ Georgia International Horse Park - Conyers, GAHosted by Peachtree Ridge High SchoolSaturday, October 21, 2023
The Timer of your meet does not need you to declare your Top 7 runners and your Alternates separately. Please register your Full Roster of up to 12 athletes (Top 7 + Alternates) in the Varsity event. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Region 4: Archer, Brookwood, Grayson, Newton, Parkview, South Gwinnett
- Region 7: Berkmar, Discovery, Duluth, Meadowcreek, Norcross, North Gwinnett, Peachtree Ridge
- Region 8: Buford, Central Gwinnett, Collins Hill, Dacula, Mill Creek, Mountain View
- 8:00 AM - Coaches Meeting (Regions 7 & 8) @ Check in/Results Tent
- 8:30 AM - Region 7 Varsity Boys (Medals to top 12)
- 9:00 AM - Region 7 Varsity Girls (Medals to top 12)
- 9:30 AM - Region 8 Varsity Boys (Medals to top 12)
- 10:00 AM - Region 8 Varsity Girls (Medals to top 12)
- 10:05 AM - Coaches Meeting (Region 4) @ Check in/Results Tent
- 10:30 AM - Region 4 Varsity Boys (Medals to top 12)
- 11:00 AM - Region 4 Varsity Girls (Medals to top 12)
- 11:30 AM - Combined Region 4, 7, & 8 JV Boys (Unlimited Entries-Medals to top 25 overall)
- 12:00 PM - Combined Region 4, 7, & 8 JV Girls (Unlimited Entries-Medals to top 25 overall)
- 12:45 PM - Awards
- Please register your Full Roster of up to 12 athletes (Top 7 + Alternates) in the Varsity event.
- All entries are due on MileSplit before 10:00 PM on Wednesday, October 18.
- Timing will be The Perfect Timing Group.
- Please bring a PRINT OUT of your rosters so the Meet Director and Region Secretaries can verify your rosters and race results.
Region 4 - Jason Dopson
Region 7 - Mike Cammack
Region 8 - Mike Phillips
Results: Results will be posted at the meet as well as online via MileSplit. For the JV races, we will post overall results of combined regions 4, 7, & 8, as well as split out results for each region separately
- Medals are awarded at the Results Tent
- Top 2 teams per region will receive cups in the Varsity races
- Top 2 teams per region will receive cups in the JV races
State Qualifiers: Top 4 varsity teams from each Region and top 6 individuals qualify for GHSA AAAAAAA State Championships in Carrollton, GA.
Rules: All uniforms must be the same for each athlete running in the Varsity Races. Uniforms must meet GHSA regulations. Any disputes will be settled by the Jury of Appeals.
Entry Fee: No charge for Varsity teams or individuals. $125 for the first 30 JV athletes per gender, then $20 for each additional group of 20 athletes (e.g., 65 JV boys athletes would be $165 -- $125 for the first 30, $40 for the next 35). If you do not mail the check by October 11, 2023, please bring the check to the check-in table the day of the event. Teams paying the morning of or received by mail on 10/21 will be charged a $25 late fee. Pick up Team Packets with race numbers at the check-in tent.
Make checks payable to:
PRHS XC Booster Club
6555 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Suite 307
Duluth, GA 30097
Reminders, Amenities and Concessions:
- No teams, coaches or spectators shall arrive prior to 7:00 am.
- Porta-Pots will be provided at the site.
- Concessions will be available from Proof of the Pudding (near the finish line)
- No dogs are allowed at the venue (except service dogs)
- Plan for ample time to park and walk to the venue. Do not drop passengers off along the main road.
- Cars with handicap credentials may park at the bus lot entrance.
- Spectators with mobility issues can be dropped off at the bus & coaches parking lot area, but must still pay the entrance fee. Please do not drop off athletes or spectators along the road.
Admission Fee: $5 for all, but children 10 and under are free, $6 if using credit card. Cash is accepted for admission.
Georgia International Horse Par
1996 Centennial Olympic Parkway
Conyers, GA 30013
Take Exit 82 off Interstate 20 in Conyers. Travel North approximately 4 miles. Turn right onto Centennial Olympic Parkway. The main entrance to the Park is 2 miles ahead on the right.
An alternative route to the Park is via Salem Road (Exit 84) off Interstate 20. Take Exit 84 and travel North approximately 1 mile. At Gees Mill Road, turn right and the Georgia International Horse Park Gate A is 2.5 miles on the right. To continue to the main gate (Gate C), continue past Gate A and turn right at the stop sign onto Centennial Olympic Parkway. The main entrance will be on your right.
Alternate Route (Non Interstate) GA 20 East to right on Rosebud. Continue on to Millers Bottom Road (formerly Rosebud). Turn right on GA 138 West to left on to Costley Mill Rd. Take a right on Gees Mill road then your 1st left to stay on Gees Mill Road. Follow signs to race.