Pickens (& ‘a Grinnin’) Invitational (formerly Sharptop Invite) 2018

Jasper, GA
Timing/Results Olympia Resources

Meet Information

Chip timing for all races will be provided by

** Olympia Resources !!! **

Meet Information

We are excited to host our 1st annual Pickens (& a Grinnin) High School Invitational (formerly Sharptop Invitational) / improved course / same venue (Roper Park)

Date- Saturday, October 13th, 2018

Location- Roper Park, 2094 Refuge Rd, Jasper, GA 30143

Eligible Teams- Limited to the first 20 high schools to register (GHSA schools only)

Entry Fee- $200 per team ($100 per gender), please make checks payable to: PHS XC Booster Club, Inc. and mail entry fees to:

Pickens High School Cross Country Booster Club, Inc.

C/O Jackie Pagel

173 Settlement Rd

Jasper, GA 30143

Entry Limits-
Varsity (10 entries), JV (unlimited entries)

Awards- Varsity and JV: top 3 teams and top 10 individuals

Facilities-Outhouses (Port-a-Johns) will be available for spectators and athletes, coaches will have access to indoor plumbing

Concessions- Breakfast items, snacks, drinks will be available

Spectator Admission- A $5 entry fee will be charged for adults, $2 entry for students and children.

T-Shirts- The coolest, most unique XC meet t-shirt you'll find anywhere (in our humble opinion) will be available for sale ($20). This will be a comfortable, quality t-shirt and quantities will be limited, so grab one quickly!

Race Times:

Varsity Boys (10)- 7:45 a.m.

Varsity Girls (10)- 8:15 a.m.

JV Boys (unlimited)-
8:55 a.m.

JV Girls (unlimited)- 9:35 a.m.

Course Description- If you've attended the Pickens Preview or Sharptop Invitational in the past, then you know the basic layout of the course. The new (and improved) version of the course leaves out a few of the sections that tended to bottleneck or that restricted runners from being able to pass, and we're excited about the changes (and we think your runners will be too!). The course is 5k in length, begins and ends on the soccer field at Roper Park, and is approximately 95% grass/trail (the other 5% is asphalt path/parking lot). The course is mostly flat, but there are a couple of hills on the trail section of the course, and it will be much faster than the previous version of the course. It is extremely spectator friendly with runners visible for about two-thirds of the race.

Meet Password- please contact Coach White for the meet password:  donnywhite@pickenscountyschools.org

Questions?- contact Coach White (donnywhite@pickenscountyschools.org) or Coach Lutz (canalutz@pickenscountyschools.org) with any general questions related to the meet.