1. Lovett- 2015 AA Champ has moved up to AAA to recommence more intense battles with old pals Westminster. The Lions return 6 of their top 7 including individual champion Serena Tripodi and soph Haley Hooper. Their 3-6 will be key in their quest for a AAA title.
2. Westminster- The Cats were back in full old form in 2015 as they destroyed a very good Blessed Trinity squad at State. Should be a great dual or 2 at their home course vs Lovett during the season. They only return 3 of the fastest 7, but should have alot of JV depth to fill those spots. Delaney Graham and Victoria Flowers should lead the new pack.
3. Hart County- Hart had their best xc season in school history pushing Blessed Trinity hard for a strong 3rd place finish on the Podium in 2015. Hart will be a strong contender again as 6 runners should be back, including individual title contender Audrey Honiotes and Madison Congdon. In 8-AAA East Jackson could push them a bit..
4. North Hall- The Trojans move back down to AAA after a 7th place effort in a tougher AAAA class. Prospects are very bright as 6 of the top 7 are penciled in to return for a run at a Podium spot. Top finishers from State Mattie Bohanon and Georgina Hoffman should lead North Hall's charge.
5. Pace- Here is another of the metro private schools booted out of AA, making AA basically a public school class now. A return to the Podium in AAA is a strong possibility as Pace was 4th in AA last Fall. Veronica Sandoval and Avi Aroro are their top returners.
6. Dawson County- The Lady Tigers ran their way to a 4th place Podium spot in 2015. Its not going to be as easy this Fall as their 4-7 graduated and some JV or frosh will need to step up. They do have a solid top 3 including soph Frankie Muldoon who placed 5th individually at State
7. East Jackson- It may be the right time for the Lady Eagles to make moves towards a Podium spot. Thanks to a strong MS program led by Bob Roller (which now has 50 runners) the puzzle pieces are coming together. Jr. Sue Ann Morales returns to defend her individual title, along with their entire top 5 and Frosh Jennifer Herring (21:57). Shiquita Sturdivant was recruited from track to run XC this season as well.
8. Bremen- Bremen is coming off a 9th place finish in AA last Fall and could be a top 10 squad this season. The outlook is very good for Bremen as 6 of their top 7 are slated to return. Top returner Grace Clements was the top public school finisher at AA state in 2015.
9. Greater Atlanta Christian- In 2015 GAC was stuck in 6-AA (region of doom) and could not advance to State. 2016 may be kinder to the Spartans with only 2 other top 10 squads in 7-AAA. With their top 7 all back a Podium run is not out of the question. Abby Kettle is their top gun having placed 5th at State as an individual.
10. Coahulla Creek- This newer school had a nice 6th place finish in 2015 and returning 5 of their top 6 is a good start. Jr. Rachel Ward is their top returner.
Watch List: Savannah Arts