Additional InformationMill Creek 9th & 10th grade
March 1, 2012
9th and 10th grade athletes ONLY please make sure all athletes are entered properly on team roster. Grad yr is a required field.
1. Competitors will warm up outside the track. No warm-ups on the track will be allowed once the running events start. Warm up on the practice field adjacent to the track and at the Middle school; please be aware that soccer and or lacrosse practice may be in session.
2. The top eight competitors will receive Awards following the completion of the meet. (1-4 medals and 5-8 ribbons). Coaches may pick up their packets following the last event. Top three teams will receive trophies.
3. All heats are heats on time with the Fast Heat last. Please send in accurate and verifiable times if at all possible.
4. Entry fees are $70 per team or $120 for School. Payment will be made by mail to Mill Creek Track and Field Booster Club, Mill Creek High School Attention Rik Moore 4400 Braselton Highway, Hoschton, GA, 30548, or brought to the coaches meeting before the start of the meet.
6. All participants in the shot put and the discus should wear flat, rubber soled shoes.
7. The 1 ½ and 2 minute rules will apply to field events.
8. All competitors will report to the clerk of course by the second call for his event. The clerk of course will be located outside the track in the first curve. They will get hip numbers, and lane assignments at this time.
9. Rest rooms will be available; locker rooms will not be available.
10. Coaches are responsible for giving heat and flight instructions to their team.
11. The "first clearance" and the "fewer misses" rules will apply during the high jump and pole vault.
12. The "second best effort rule" will apply in all other field events.
13. Scoring for all events will be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
14. All entries will be done online. Entries must be completed by February 27, 2012. At www.ga.milesplit.com check the GAMILESPLIT calendar for the entry information. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
15. We will have a hospitality room for coaches in the field house.
16. Admission: $4.00 adults and $3.00 students.
17. Results by Finish lynx downloaded to our web site www.millcreektrackandfield.com; at the conclusion of each event and posted on the mezzanine level in front of the press box. Results will also be sent to each team and posted on GA.MILESPLIt.COM
18. Event boards for all field events
19. Mill Creek will furnish all event judges therefore no coach or non participant should be inside the track or competition areas.
20. Cell phones and other communication devices are not allowed in the field of play.
21. Pole Vaulters will be weighed before they jump.
22. Each team may enter 2 relay team and 3 individuals in each event; in the distance events you may enter 4 individuals. (800, 1600, 3200)
23. This is a 9th and 10th grade meet, and is ONLY for 9th and 10th graders
Mill Creek Hawks TRACK & FIELD
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR 1st MARCH 2012
Mill Creek 9th and 10th grade invitational
FIELD EVENTS: (Participants should report to their respective competition areas.)
(3 trials each in Discus Throw, Long Jump, Shot Put, Triple Jump)
4:30 PM BOYS DISCUS THROW-GIRLS SHOT
BOYS PV BLUE-GIRLS PV RED
BOYS LJ RED-GIRLS LJ-GOLD
5:15 PM (?) BOYS' HIGH JUMP
BOYS' TJ RED-GIRLS TJ GOLD
BOYS SHOT PUT-GIRLS DISCUS
RUNNING EVENTS: The order of all common running event heats will be girls followed by boys.
(Please note any/all exceptions below.)
4:15 PM 4X800 Meter Relay
4X100 Meter Relay
1600 Meter Run
400 Meter Dash
100 Meter Dash
Girls' 100 Meter High Hurdles (33")
Boys' 110 Meter High Hurdles
800 Meter Run
200 Meter Dash
Girls' 300 Meter Low Hurdles (30")
Boys' 300 Meter Intermediate Hurdles
3200 Meter Run
4X400 Meter Relay
ALL running events will be clerked outside the track by the field house. All participants in a running event should check in with the clerk of course in this area to receive hip numbers, lane, & heat assignments. Participants in Field events will should check in at the field event venue
***PLEASE NOTE: In those running events where more than one heat is contested,
PLACES WILL BE DETERMINED BY TIME!!!
Note that these instructions are on the US Portal and you will have to return to your state site to actually find your team and enter the meet.
- No discussion yet. Be the first!