Location: Butts County Schools Athletic Complex,
Jackson High School, George Tate Drive, Jackson, GA 30233
Meet Directors: JHS Head Track Coach, Beau Beasley
JHS Assistant AD, Dary Myricks
Clerk of Course: Check-In Table Names
Starter: HMS Head Track Coach, Brian Brannock
Timer: Chris Henderson
Field Event Assignments:
Long Jump: Jackson
High Jump: Spalding
Shot Put: Spalding
Exchange Zones: (4x100) = 1st (Jackson) / 2nd (Spaulding) / 3rd (Jackson)
Break Line: (4x800 / 1600 / 800 / 3200) Jackson
Hurdle/Block Crew: JHS Coaches: Ford, Grier, Beasley & JHS Athletes
1. Shot Put and discus areas are concrete and are in the same locations. Both platforms are on the adjacent soccer field.
2. Starting blocks will be provided.
3. You may enter three contestants per individual event and two relay teams. An athlete may enter 4 events plus two relays.
4. All heats and flights will be set according to times, distances, and heights from entry form. Please be honest.
5. In the Long Jump, Shot Put, and Discus Throw, each contestant will be given 4 trials with no final. The starting heights in the High Jump and Pole Vault will be determined by the heights that you send in with your entries.
6. All teams are required to remain off the infield during the running events. Only athletes that are participating in an event will be allowed on the field. All athletes must enter and exit through the front left gate of the track where the check-in table will be.
7. All athletes will need to remain in the bullpen until they are escorted to the track for their event.
8. All GHSA rules and regulations will be followed.
9. If a field event has 10 or more participants, then the participants will be divided into two groups (Two Flights). Flight participants will receive 3 attempts. If there are 9 or less participants, then the field event will be one flight with 3 attempts.
Admission: $5 for admission
Bus Parking: Buses drop off their athletes at the Main entrance of the Butts County Athletic Complex. After that, buses are to park in the student parking lot behind the school. (Someone will Assist). Athletes will be escorted to a designated location to set up tents and/or chairs for their team to prepare.
Team Areas: There will be limited seating for spectators and teams. Teams are encouraged to bring tents, chairs, blankets etc. and set up a team area next to the road on the visitor side of the complex.
Field Events: 3 Attempts, All successful 1st attempts will be measured after that only attempts further than the minimum will be measured. Every athlete that has a legal attempt will get a measurement
Check-In Table: The Check-In Table will be located in front of the gate where all visiting school will be. Only athletes who are called for their events are allowed through the gate. Check in at the table first to gain access to the warm-up station.
High Jump: Girls- 4Boys- 4-6
Long Jump: Girls- 13Boys- 15
Discus: Girls- 50Boys- 70
Shot: Girls- 20ftBoys- 25ft
4:00--- First round of field events - boys long jump, girls triple jump, boys high jump, girls shot put, boys discus, all pole vault
4:45--- Second round of field events - girls long jump, boys triple jump, girls high jump, boys shot put, girls discus
5:30 Begin rolling schedule (Girls and then Boys) -
- No discussions yet. Be the first!