The Baldwin High School track and field teams would like to invite you to the 2nd Annual Anderson Bentley Jr. Invitational on Saturday March 23. Coach Bentley has been coaching for over forty years. He has coached several state champions and have had a number of athletes compete on the collegiate level. Due to its location Baldwin county is a two hour ride from anywhere in the state. This is a perfect meet to see some of the best programs in the state, a few weeks before your region meets. The cost of the meet is $150 for both male and female teams, or $100 for a single gender. Trophies will be awarded to top 3 teams, a high point trophy for the female and male with the most points. Concessions will be provided and four coaches per team will be provided dinner This meet is to honor coach Anderson Bentley, who has coached for forty years at Baldwin High School, he actually started the program 42 years ago this year. Coach Bentley continues to serve as the head girls coach and has recently mentioned retirement, we would like to show him how much he has meant to the program by hosting this meet.
GHSA SANCTIONED MEET
1. The Track is 8 lanes and all weather with FAT timing.
2. All GHSA rules and regulations will be followed.
3. Starting blocks will be provided, and you may bring your own.
4. Each school may enter two athletes in each individual running events and two field/relay teams (Pole Vault will not be contested).
5. All heats and flights will be set according to times, distances, and heights from entry form.
6. All teams are required to remain off the infield or stands during the running events.
7. We will be scoring 8 places.
8. Championship Trophy will be presented at conclusion of the meet for top 3 teams. Individual awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd Place) will be presented during the meet. High point girls and boys trophies will be awarded.
Checks Can be made out and mailed to: Baldwin High School Attn: Track and Field Milledgeville,Ga. 31061 or brought with you the day of meet
Schedule (Times are estimated)
9:00 AM- Coaches Meeting
9:30 AM Boys Discus, Long Jump Girls, Girls Shot Put, Girls High Jump(Opening Height 4'2), Triple Jump Boys, Pole Vault Boys
10:30 AM 3200 meter run Girls/Boys
11:00 AM Boys Shot Put, Triple Jump Girls, Girls Discus, Long Jump Boys, and Boys High Jump(Opening Height 5'2), Pole Vault Girls
NOON 300 meter hurdles Girls/Boys
Rolling Schedule for Track Events Start at 1:00 PM
4 x 100 Relay Girls/Boys
1600 meter Run Girls / Boys
400 meter Dash Girls / Boys
100 meter Dash Girls / Boys
100 meter Hurdles Girls110 Meter Hurdles Boys
800 meter Run Girls / Boys
200 meter Dash Girls / Boys
4 x 400 Relay Girls / Boys
Minimum Requirements for field events after 1st attemptedjump or throw: (this will be discussed during coaches meeting. Please contact ,Dexter Ricks Sr, at 4786070622 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.