Update-Scoring 8 at State
06/05/2008 11:41:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just to keep everyone updated (and to let you know we haven't let this drop): We've heard back from 14 regions (and several individual schools) so far and all but one has said that they are in favor of scoring 8 at STATE. In addition, it's my opinion that the one that is not in favor wasn't speaking for their whole region, but was simply giving their individual "vote". If you are a coach (or know the coach) of any school in any of the following regions, please send an e-mail to the address below and let me know whether you are in favor of scoring 8 at state. We'd like to have heard from a lot more than just 14 of the state's 40 regions (although, our percentage of votes in favor is pretty good). Again, PLEASE, if you know any coach from the following regions, let them know what is going on and to send me an e-mail: 1-A, 3-A, 4-A, 7-A, 1-AA, 2-AA, 3-AA, 5-AA, 6-AA, 7-AA, 8-AA, 1-AAA, 2-AAA, 3-AAA, 6-AAA, 7-AAA, 1-AAAA, 2-AAAA, 4-AAAA, 5-AAAA, 7-AAAA, 8-AAAA, 1-AAAAA, 3-AAAAA, 4-AAAAA (We really need some AA and "1" regions' input) Also, when you send the e-mail include the school's name and/or region. e-mail address: cbcarter7@hotmail.com Thanks carter
Just to keep everyone updated (and to let you know we haven't let this drop):
We've heard back from 14 regions (and several individual schools) so far and all but one has said that they are in favor of scoring 8 at STATE. In addition, it's my opinion that the one that is not in favor wasn't speaking for their whole region, but was simply giving their individual "vote".

If you are a coach (or know the coach) of any school in any of the following regions, please send an e-mail to the address below and let me know whether you are in favor of scoring 8 at state. We'd like to have heard from a lot more than just 14 of the state's 40 regions (although, our percentage of votes in favor is pretty good). Again, PLEASE, if you know any coach from the following regions, let them know what is going on and to send me an e-mail:
1-A, 3-A, 4-A, 7-A, 1-AA, 2-AA, 3-AA, 5-AA, 6-AA, 7-AA, 8-AA, 1-AAA, 2-AAA, 3-AAA, 6-AAA, 7-AAA, 1-AAAA, 2-AAAA, 4-AAAA, 5-AAAA, 7-AAAA, 8-AAAA, 1-AAAAA, 3-AAAAA,
4-AAAAA (We really need some AA and "1" regions' input)
Also, when you send the e-mail include the school's name and/or region.
e-mail address: cbcarter7@hotmail.com

Thanks
carter
06/06/2008 10:46:06 AM
User
Are these this past school years regions or next years regions?
Are these this past school years regions or next years regions?
06/06/2008 12:01:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I've been going off of the alignment that are currently on the GHSA website. I'm assuming those are this year's (2007-2008) region alignments. carter
I've been going off of the alignment that are currently on the GHSA website. I'm assuming those are this year's (2007-2008) region alignments.

carter
06/11/2008 6:49:32 AM
User
Do you mean scoring 8 at STATE (as in the title of the topic) or at REGION meets (as in your comments)? I don't think GHSA will EVER require scoring 8 at REGION meets since so many are contested on 6-lane tracks....
Do you mean scoring 8 at STATE (as in the title of the topic) or at REGION meets (as in your comments)? I don't think GHSA will EVER require scoring 8 at REGION meets since so many are contested on 6-lane tracks....
06/11/2008 11:13:51 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Whoops. Thanks. I've edited the post. We're definitely talking about scoring 8 at state. carter
Whoops. Thanks. I've edited the post. We're definitely talking about scoring 8 at state.

carter
06/23/2008 10:10:07 PM
User
As a new member of region 1AAA I am in favor of scoring 8 at the State Meet and also at the region. I would like to know how the other members feel. Also, I would like any information on what cross country meets are being scheduled(duals, invitationals, and region)so that I might plan for the upcoming year. Thanks
As a new member of region 1AAA I am in favor of scoring 8 at the State Meet and also at the region. I would like to know how the other members feel. Also, I would like any information on what cross country meets are being scheduled(duals, invitationals, and region)so that I might plan for the upcoming year.

Thanks
06/25/2008 7:06:21 AM
User
Chris check your PM.
Chris check your PM.
06/26/2008 1:49:59 PM
User
I don't think it would be a great idea simply because then you would have to run ten people on each team. The field would be too big. Last year in AAAA, there was a stampede because there were too many people trying to go out fast and be a hero. A lot of runners messed up what should have been people's best race. If you make ten people run, there would be chaos, especially because of the teams that made it because they have two good runners. Not many teams are deep enough to make that a quality race. it should remain top five to keep it simple, organized, and less hectic. Nobody wants to be at state and have the winning team have runners in the twenties. Besides, the average time would be ruined, and georgia is trying to pick up the pace against other states, not look worse. HORRIBLE IDEA. respect the runners, don't make changes to make races more interesting.
I don't think it would be a great idea simply because then you would have to run ten people on each team. The field would be too big. Last year in AAAA, there was a stampede because there were too many people trying to go out fast and be a hero. A lot of runners messed up what should have been people's best race. If you make ten people run, there would be chaos, especially because of the teams that made it because they have two good runners. Not many teams are deep enough to make that a quality race. it should remain top five to keep it simple, organized, and less hectic. Nobody wants to be at state and have the winning team have runners in the twenties. Besides, the average time would be ruined, and georgia is trying to pick up the pace against other states, not look worse. HORRIBLE IDEA. respect the runners, don't make changes to make races more interesting.
06/26/2008 2:24:24 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
wareaglexc This is in reference to the state track meet not the state XC meet.
wareaglexc
This is in reference to the state track meet not the state XC meet.
06/27/2008 8:08:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
tjmasterschamp, What school are you with? Thanks, carter
tjmasterschamp,
What school are you with?
Thanks,
carter
06/29/2008 7:25:07 PM
Coach
Sorry... must have read that too quickly then.
Sorry... must have read that too quickly then.
06/29/2008 9:06:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm not proposing any change whatsoever to the state XC meet. This is a topic that was brought up in relation to the state TRACK meets. I'm in the process of contacting the GHSA and attempting to get on the agenda to talk to the track committee. We've heard back from 20 of the 40 regions and only 2 SCHOOLS have said that they were not in favor. In one case, 6 other schools in that region voted in favor and in the other case, the region representative is not in favor while the only school in that region (1-AAA) that I heard from IS in favor. It seems like, of those I've heard from, we are overwhelmingly in favor of scoring 8. carter
I'm not proposing any change whatsoever to the state XC meet. This is a topic that was brought up in relation to the state TRACK meets.

I'm in the process of contacting the GHSA and attempting to get on the agenda to talk to the track committee. We've heard back from 20 of the 40 regions and only 2 SCHOOLS have said that they were not in favor. In one case, 6 other schools in that region voted in favor and in the other case, the region representative is not in favor while the only school in that region (1-AAA) that I heard from IS in favor. It seems like, of those I've heard from, we are overwhelmingly in favor of scoring 8.

carter
07/10/2008 1:50:31 PM
User
Sorry it took so long to reply, been on vacation. I am from Peach County
Sorry it took so long to reply, been on vacation.
I am from Peach County

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.