Hardest Cross Country Courses in Georgia
11/23/2021 4:25:27 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If you were to list some of the hardest cross courses in the state which would you include? Yes, I know that hardest is subjective. Kosh Classic? Monsignior Donovan? What would be on your top 5?
If you were to list some of the hardest cross courses in the state which would you include? Yes, I know that hardest is subjective.

Kosh Classic?
Monsignior Donovan?

What would be on your top 5?
11/23/2021 4:48:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Milton Kosh Klassic Tallulah Falls with the hay bales Carrollton North Oconee
Milton
Kosh Klassic
Tallulah Falls with the hay bales
Carrollton
North Oconee
11/24/2021 8:44:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm not sure if it's still around but back in the late 90s, early 2000s, Osborne had a tough course that had this massive hill with a steep incline. Almost felt like you had to crawl up it. Currently, when it's rained previously, social circle has a tough course with the mud and the hills. Wesleyan also has a really tough course.
I'm not sure if it's still around but back in the late 90s, early 2000s, Osborne had a tough course that had this massive hill with a steep incline. Almost felt like you had to crawl up it.

Currently, when it's rained previously, social circle has a tough course with the mud and the hills. Wesleyan also has a really tough course.
11/27/2021 8:41:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Mon Don is a tough course. I know they have a few different layouts, but depending on the one they use, going down those hills can be as tough as going up considering how steep they are and how narrow the trail is. Stratford's course is pretty challenging, and when you factor in the fact that their home meet is on a Wednesday afternoon in August, the hills and heat can give you a gut check. It's a good course to humble your team early in the season.
Mon Don is a tough course. I know they have a few different layouts, but depending on the one they use, going down those hills can be as tough as going up considering how steep they are and how narrow the trail is.

Stratford's course is pretty challenging, and when you factor in the fact that their home meet is on a Wednesday afternoon in August, the hills and heat can give you a gut check. It's a good course to humble your team early in the season.
11/27/2021 9:55:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This past year Stratford was brutal. It had rained, 90 plus degrees, mud, and the massive hill. It is hard for sure. It has been a few seasons since I was at the North Oconee course, but it seemed to have a lot of flat and sharp turns. I am not sure if they have altered it at all.
This past year Stratford was brutal. It had rained, 90 plus degrees, mud, and the massive hill. It is hard for sure.

It has been a few seasons since I was at the North Oconee course, but it seemed to have a lot of flat and sharp turns. I am not sure if they have altered it at all.
11/28/2021 11:09:57 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@RobtheAggie In no particular order: -Mercer/ATL/St Pius course (no longer in use) -Kosh/Westminster -Milton -Monsignor Donovan -Fulton County at Webb Bridge Park -Carrollton -Lakeside-Evans home course
@RobtheAggie
In no particular order:
-Mercer/ATL/St Pius course (no longer in use)
-Kosh/Westminster
-Milton
-Monsignor Donovan
-Fulton County at Webb Bridge Park
-Carrollton
-Lakeside-Evans home course
11/29/2021 1:40:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Very few people will remember it, but Alcovy High School had a tough course when they first opened. You literally had to run through a creek that was knee deep (maybe/maybe not) twice on the first mile.
Very few people will remember it, but Alcovy High School had a tough course when they first opened. You literally had to run through a creek that was knee deep (maybe/maybe not) twice on the first mile.
11/29/2021 5:19:38 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@acarr6453 Many/most don't know about Web Bridge. There isn't more than 800M of flat runnable space in that entire park that isn't on a ball field.
@acarr6453 Many/most don't know about Web Bridge. There isn't more than 800M of flat runnable space in that entire park that isn't on a ball field.
11/29/2021 10:04:55 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@AHSBucs Milton ran a a dual meet there with Alcovy that second year (2009) they had that course, that had 2 creek crossings and finished on the track and started on the football field, it was a classic! Coach Scott Murphy built it himself with very little school admin help and has since never been used again. Agree, tough course as the meet winner Tyler Tomy ran 17:30 to win it and eventually had a 16:03 PR that fall. Photos here: [url=https://ga.milesplit.com/photos/albums/3944/alcovy-home-meet-by-acarr6453]https://ga.milesplit.com/photos/albums/3944/alcovy-home-meet-by-acarr6453[/url]
@AHSBucs
Milton ran a a dual meet there with Alcovy that second year (2009) they had that course, that had 2 creek crossings and finished on the track and started on the football field, it was a classic! Coach Scott Murphy built it himself with very little school admin help and has since never been used again.
Agree, tough course as the meet winner Tyler Tomy ran 17:30 to win it and eventually had a 16:03 PR that fall.

Photos here: https://ga.milesplit.com/photos/albums/3944/alcovy-home-meet-by-acarr6453
11/30/2021 8:23:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
In middle Georgia were I am, FPD's course has a lot of hills, but I am not sure if I would place it in the "hardest" category. Mount De Sales, who has started to use Middle Georgia State University's course is harder than people think. GMC has a new course on campus that is mostly hills, lots of turns in the woods as well. Bleckley County has a traditionally strong course as well.
In middle Georgia were I am, FPD's course has a lot of hills, but I am not sure if I would place it in the "hardest" category. Mount De Sales, who has started to use Middle Georgia State University's course is harder than people think. GMC has a new course on campus that is mostly hills, lots of turns in the woods as well. Bleckley County has a traditionally strong course as well.
12/12/2021 6:40:37 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@RobtheAggie I'd like to add the Grant Park course in Atlanta next to the zoo. It's been in use since the 70's and believe (correct me if I am wrong please) only one boy has ever run sub-17 on it, Zane Coburn of "Midtown/Grady" HS. A one mile loop with many twists & turns and severe up & DOWN hills that make it difficult to get any running rhythm going no matter how fast/slow you get out from the start (that has a 90-degree turn at just before 100 meters in).
@RobtheAggie
I'd like to add the Grant Park course in Atlanta next to the zoo.
It's been in use since the 70's and believe (correct me if I am wrong please) only one boy has ever run sub-17 on it, Zane Coburn of "Midtown/Grady" HS.
A one mile loop with many twists & turns and severe up & DOWN hills that make it difficult to get any running rhythm going no matter how fast/slow you get out from the start (that has a 90-degree turn at just before 100 meters in).
12/15/2021 11:05:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@RobtheAggie Wesleyan has a tough course
@RobtheAggie Wesleyan has a tough course

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.