Final MS girls’ team rankings
11/02/2021 11:49:34 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Obviously I don’t get on here much, and I am not mad or upset or anything, but as I was looking at the final rankings going into HS state this weekend, I happened to glance at the final MS team rankings for this year and was just wondering how the Bleckley Co. MS girls end up ranked 3rd when they won state, had a faster team average than the 2 teams ahead of them, and would have beaten each of those teams in a dual meet head to head or in a tri-meet(even with a not real strong 5th girl) based on their times at the state meet, which was on the same course on the same day. I came to watch my granddaughter run, and rest assured, it was not “cold front” cooler when the afternoon races were run. It was still pretty warm and humid. Please don’t discredit a team’s performanceby saying they had a home course advantage when many of the other teams and girls have ran at Bleckley numerous times in the past 2 or 3 years. Bleckley’s girls still had to run the same, tough course that everyone else had to run. It was no easier for them because it was their home course. In HS, no one seems to believe that Carrollton has a home course advantage when they win state. I think the best teams win no matter what course they are on because they are the best teams, not because they have a home course advantage. Hats off to Marist and Evans for winning state this year in their division and for having really great programs.
Obviously I don't get on here much, and I am not mad or upset or anything, but as I was looking at the final rankings going into HS state this weekend, I happened to glance at the final MS team rankings for this year and was just wondering how the Bleckley Co. MS girls end up ranked 3rd when they won state, had a faster team average than the 2 teams ahead of them, and would have beaten each of those teams in a dual meet head to head or in a tri-meet(even with a not real strong 5th girl) based on their times at the state meet, which was on the same course on the same day. I came to watch my granddaughter run, and rest assured, it was not "cold front" cooler when the afternoon races were run. It was still pretty warm and humid. Please don't discredit a team's performanceby saying they had a home course advantage when many of the other teams and girls have ran at Bleckley numerous times in the past 2 or 3 years. Bleckley's girls still had to run the same, tough course that everyone else had to run. It was no easier for them because it was their home course. In HS, no one seems to believe that Carrollton has a home course advantage when they win state. I think the best teams win no matter what course they are on because they are the best teams, not because they have a home course advantage. Hats off to Marist and Evans for winning state this year in their division and for having really great programs.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.