Is the state charging admission for our alternates that travel?
10/31/2021 12:14:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The way I am reading the state meet information sheet all runners other than the 7 running will be charged $5 admission. If that is the case, I have big problem. The state does not charge admission for players in any other sport that don't play in the playoff or championship games.
The way I am reading the state meet information sheet all runners other than the 7 running will be charged $5 admission. If that is the case, I have big problem. The state does not charge admission for players in any other sport that don't play in the playoff or championship games.
10/31/2021 2:08:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cmarett Where are you seeing that?
@cmarett Where are you seeing that?
10/31/2021 2:10:44 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@cmarett If all of your runners are on the bus together, none of them will get charged admission.
@cmarett If all of your runners are on the bus together, none of them will get charged admission.
10/31/2021 2:50:43 PM
Power User
@cmarett Everyone should contact their AD to call the GHSA. This is unacceptable. They do not charge the athletes in team sports who do not play. To my knowledge they have not done this before but it is in writing in the state meet instructions: B. A minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) runners will be allowed free admission for each team that qualified. Coaches will be admitted on their GHSA coaching passes. 1. The first five (5) finishers for each team will count for the total team score. Let's all work to make sure that this slap in the face does not happen. Coach Hudson Denmark XC
@cmarett
Everyone should contact their AD to call the GHSA. This is unacceptable. They do not charge the athletes in team sports who do not play. To my knowledge they have not done this before but it is in writing in the state meet instructions:

B. A minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) runners will be allowed free admission for each team that
qualified. Coaches will be admitted on their GHSA coaching passes.
1. The first five (5) finishers for each team will count for the total team score.

Let's all work to make sure that this slap in the face does not happen.

Coach Hudson
Denmark XC
10/31/2021 3:05:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbxc B. A minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) runners will be allowed free admission for each team that qualified. Coaches will be admitted on their GHSA coaching passes.
@coachbxc
B. A minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) runners will be allowed free admission for each team that
qualified. Coaches will be admitted on their GHSA coaching passes.
10/31/2021 3:06:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@hoyarelay That makes good sense. I can agree with that.
@hoyarelay
That makes good sense. I can agree with that.
10/31/2021 3:12:57 PM
Power User
@hoyarelay We got fined one year because we did that. They sent money collectors up into our tent to charge our non-competing runners who rode the bus but because they couldn't determine who to charge, they just fined our school. We got a letter the following week. I'm telling all of our runners to bring money but I do not want our alternates to have to pay. We need to raise a big stink about this! Ridiculous . . .
@hoyarelay
We got fined one year because we did that. They sent money collectors up into our tent to charge our non-competing runners who rode the bus but because they couldn't determine who to charge, they just fined our school. We got a letter the following week. I'm telling all of our runners to bring money but I do not want our alternates to have to pay.

We need to raise a big stink about this! Ridiculous . . .
10/31/2021 8:54:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@hudsonxc There is no need for any more concern regarding this. I have spoken with Coach Musselwhite (Meet Director) this evening. We have also been in contact with Tanya Anderson at GHSA. As assistant meet director to Coach Musselwhite, I can confirm that we are going to continue operating on the protocol that we have always operated with in the past in regards to this. It is up to the coach to make an ethical decision to determine who their top 12 runners are when they enter the competitive area passing one of our gate workers. We are not going to charge potentional competitors to the meet within your top 12 runners. Again, we also appreciate the appropriate ethical discretion on the schools attending the State Championship who is own your team and who is considered a spectator.
@hudsonxc

There is no need for any more concern regarding this. I have spoken with Coach Musselwhite (Meet Director) this evening. We have also been in contact with Tanya Anderson at GHSA. As assistant meet director to Coach Musselwhite, I can confirm that we are going to continue operating on the protocol that we have always operated with in the past in regards to this. It is up to the coach to make an ethical decision to determine who their top 12 runners are when they enter the competitive area passing one of our gate workers. We are not going to charge potentional competitors to the meet within your top 12 runners. Again, we also appreciate the appropriate ethical discretion on the schools attending the State Championship who is own your team and who is considered a spectator.
11/01/2021 8:03:33 AM
Power User
@Sorrells28 Thank you - we all appreciate your addressing of our concern. Coach Hudson
@Sorrells28

Thank you - we all appreciate your addressing of our concern.

Coach Hudson
11/01/2021 12:08:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Sorrells28 I received the same information from the meet director yesterday.
@Sorrells28
I received the same information from the meet director yesterday.
11/02/2021 7:10:48 PM
Power User
If the kid’s name is printed on the back of a shirt being sold for $45, they need to be allowed into the event for free. My goodness. Thanks Jimmy, and good luck to all this weekend!
If the kid's name is printed on the back of a shirt being sold for $45, they need to be allowed into the event for free.

My goodness.

Thanks Jimmy, and good luck to all this weekend!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.