Tributes to Bruce
07/01/2021 6:04:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
For those who wish to, I thought it'd be fitting to post tributes and memories of Bruce on the message boards he loved. All feel free to post. I remember Bruce's previews and post-meet write ups and how he'd jazz them up by throwing some cool-kidz words in there (like most of us, Bruce sounded hilariously like an adult trying to talk like a kid - not sure any of us adults know how to pull that off!). When talking to Bruce, it was always 100% apparent how much he cared about the T & F/XC community and how much he believed that this website was good for the sport. He spent a lot of time here posting rankings, polls, write ups, and moderating the boards for little-to-no pay. He ran the staple website for T & F/XC in Georgia which was one of the most popular Milesplit websites in the country. It's interesting reflecting that most of us, I'm guessing, felt like we knew him despite having only met him in person a time or two. If anyone knows anything we can do for Bruce & his family, feel free to post here. Rest in Peace, Bruce.
For those who wish to, I thought it'd be fitting to post tributes and memories of Bruce on the message boards he loved. All feel free to post.

I remember Bruce's previews and post-meet write ups and how he'd jazz them up by throwing some cool-kidz words in there (like most of us, Bruce sounded hilariously like an adult trying to talk like a kid - not sure any of us adults know how to pull that off!). When talking to Bruce, it was always 100% apparent how much he cared about the T & F/XC community and how much he believed that this website was good for the sport. He spent a lot of time here posting rankings, polls, write ups, and moderating the boards for little-to-no pay. He ran the staple website for T & F/XC in Georgia which was one of the most popular Milesplit websites in the country. It's interesting reflecting that most of us, I'm guessing, felt like we knew him despite having only met him in person a time or two. If anyone knows anything we can do for Bruce & his family, feel free to post here.

Rest in Peace, Bruce.
07/01/2021 8:51:43 AM
Admin
@GACARTER The Georgia TF\XC community has lost a giant. Bruce was a personal friend of mine and a major contributor to us all in communicating information, articles, results and news to the running world in Georgia. RIP my friend, you will be missed.
@GACARTER
The Georgia TF\XC community has lost a giant. Bruce was a personal friend of mine and a major contributor to us all in communicating information, articles, results and news to the running world in Georgia. RIP my friend, you will be missed.
07/01/2021 11:59:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Prayers to Bruce & his Family...I remember Bruce coming to a Westlake Meet & shooting photos from the early morning hours to the evening hours highlighting the kids. He was a very humble guy and always wanted to highlight the GA kids competing in Track & Field/CC making our GA milesplit site one of the best in the country! He will be missed.
Prayers to Bruce & his Family...I remember Bruce coming to a Westlake Meet & shooting photos from the early morning hours to the evening hours highlighting the kids. He was a very humble guy and always wanted to highlight the GA kids competing in Track & Field/CC making our GA milesplit site one of the best in the country! He will be missed.
07/01/2021 12:01:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Rest In Peace Bruce, you will definitely be missed, but your contributions to the sport will not be forgotten.
Rest In Peace Bruce, you will definitely be missed, but your contributions to the sport will not be forgotten.
07/01/2021 8:37:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I will miss Bruce emailing to set up for pictures and onsite video of our McEachern Invite each and every year. Bruce would always follow up on questions about records and making sure the kids got credit for their individual achievements. My prayers from McEachern High School go out to Bruce's family.
I will miss Bruce emailing to set up for pictures and onsite video of our McEachern Invite each and every year. Bruce would always follow up on questions about records and making sure the kids got credit for their individual achievements. My prayers from McEachern High School go out to Bruce's family.
07/03/2021 11:45:24 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Bruce was definite advocate for everything track and CC. As a new coach 12years ago he was so patient with my 100 questions and desire to see my kids results the instant my last runner finished. He will truly be missed by the Hart County coaching staff.
Bruce was definite advocate for everything track and CC. As a new coach 12years ago he was so patient with my 100 questions and desire to see my kids results the instant my last runner finished. He will truly be missed by the Hart County coaching staff.
07/17/2021 5:31:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The Trinity Lions Track & Field Family is sending prayers to Bruce's family during this time. We are thankful for Bruce taking time to assist us over the years, but also for featuring several of events. Your contributions to this sport has made a tremendous impact on our state.
The Trinity Lions Track & Field Family is sending prayers to Bruce's family during this time.

We are thankful for Bruce taking time to assist us over the years, but also for featuring several of events. Your contributions to this sport has made a tremendous impact on our state.
08/05/2021 12:13:32 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I am late in seeing this post regarding tributes to Bruce. South Georgia runners always had an advocate with Bruce. He was the time for Westover Invitational for countless years. He honored those "Gnat Line" runners with South of the Border honors. And tirelessly promoted meets in all areas of Georgia by adding spotlight articles. A great journalist can always find a unique story, Bruce was able to do that for Georgia running. He clearly had a love for this given the hours of attention he gave to the sport. We will miss him!!
I am late in seeing this post regarding tributes to Bruce. South Georgia runners always had an advocate with Bruce. He was the time for Westover Invitational for countless years. He honored those "Gnat Line" runners with South of the Border honors. And tirelessly promoted meets in all areas of Georgia by adding spotlight articles.

A great journalist can always find a unique story, Bruce was able to do that for Georgia running. He clearly had a love for this given the hours of attention he gave to the sport. We will miss him!!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.