Congratulations and Great jobs all around
08/27/2020 11:03:00 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just a quick note to congratulate all of the meet directors that stepped out and stepped up and hosted meets these past 2 weekends. The kids and coaches seemed to enjoy getting back out competing, the parents were super appreciative to see their kids' hard work matriculate, the Meet Directors used GHSA guidelines and refined them based on their particular meet, and the SKY did not fall. Great jobs all around again to everyone for heeding the rules and paying attention and having FUN again. Onward and Upward Mike Beaudreau
Just a quick note to congratulate all of the meet directors that stepped out and stepped up and hosted meets these past 2 weekends. The kids and coaches seemed to enjoy getting back out competing, the parents were super appreciative to see their kids' hard work matriculate, the Meet Directors used GHSA guidelines and refined them based on their particular meet, and the SKY did not fall.

Great jobs all around again to everyone for heeding the rules and paying attention and having FUN again.

Onward and Upward

Mike Beaudreau
08/28/2020 3:07:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Yes, I was happy to see kids running. The meet we were scheduled to run in got canceled and I don't blame the meet director one bit. I'd just back your post up with a statement that the meet directors who felt they had to cancel were equally impressive in a no win environment. They looked at everything that is going on, thought about health and safety of everyone and made a very difficult choice based on the health and safety of the community. This was probably the main source of funding for their programs and it had to be painful to make that decision. With almost no direction coming from political leaders, meet directors faced a brutal choice all on their own, and those who decided to cancel showed as much guts as those who put on a meet. And the sky did not fall because a 5k wasn't held.
Yes, I was happy to see kids running. The meet we were scheduled to run in got canceled and I don't blame the meet director one bit. I'd just back your post up with a statement that the meet directors who felt they had to cancel were equally impressive in a no win environment. They looked at everything that is going on, thought about health and safety of everyone and made a very difficult choice based on the health and safety of the community. This was probably the main source of funding for their programs and it had to be painful to make that decision. With almost no direction coming from political leaders, meet directors faced a brutal choice all on their own, and those who decided to cancel showed as much guts as those who put on a meet. And the sky did not fall because a 5k wasn't held.
08/28/2020 6:21:32 PM
Power User
@Beaudreau_Mike Agreed, Coach! We are so thankful for the opportunity to race. Kudos to everyone working very hard to host safe meets for kids to enjoy.
@Beaudreau_Mike Agreed, Coach! We are so thankful for the opportunity to race. Kudos to everyone working very hard to host safe meets for kids to enjoy.
08/28/2020 7:05:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@LassiterCoach Well said.
@LassiterCoach Well said.
08/29/2020 5:58:10 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
The best thing I've read about this whole situation is that it's what we call a "wicked problem" which means that it's one where there is no right answer. So everybody is just trying to find the least wrong answer. I try to keep that in mind. We're all trying to do the best we can with what we've been given and the job we've been asked to do.
The best thing I've read about this whole situation is that it's what we call a "wicked problem" which means that it's one where there is no right answer. So everybody is just trying to find the least wrong answer. I try to keep that in mind. We're all trying to do the best we can with what we've been given and the job we've been asked to do.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.