Events
02/20/2020 7:06:04 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
What is the limit on how many running events one runner can do.
What is the limit on how many running events one runner can do.
02/20/2020 1:24:38 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Two individual running and 2 relay.
Two individual running and 2 relay.
03/14/2020 5:10:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Coachjy The above rules say individuals can do up to 4 events including relays.
@Coachjy

The above rules say individuals can do up to 4 events including relays.
03/14/2020 11:06:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@TGPHILLIPS I believe the Middle School championships are guided by the GHSA rules.Those are as follows... E. A contestant in Track and Field may enter a maximum of both relays, and any one (1) of the combinations listed below. Competitors not on one or both relay teams are still restricted to one of the following combinations: 1. three (3) field events 2. two (2) field events and one (1) running event 3. one (1) field event and two (2) running events 4. relay teams for a school may be composed of any eligible student from that school. #3 would be what you are asking about I believe.
@TGPHILLIPS
I believe the Middle School championships are guided by the GHSA rules.Those are as follows...

E. A contestant in Track and Field may enter a maximum of both relays, and any one (1) of the combinations listed
below. Competitors not on one or both relay teams are still restricted to one of the following combinations:
1. three (3) field events
2. two (2) field events and one (1) running event
3. one (1) field event and two (2) running events
4. relay teams for a school may be composed of any eligible student from that school.
#3 would be what you are asking about I believe.
03/15/2020 12:07:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
From [url=https://www.smartmeets.com/page/show/1052147-how-to-register]Championship Registration & Fees[/url]... [i]Entry Restrictions Middle schools and clubs can enter 2 competitors in each event including field events, and 2 relays in each relay event. [b]No athlete may enter more than 4 events including relays and field events.[/b][/i] From [url=https://www.smartmeets.com/page/show/1076972-competition-rules]Competition Rules[/url]... [i]Competition Rulebook: Georgia High School Association (GHSA) rules will be [b]consulted[/b].[/i] The use of the term "consulted" may indicate that the GHSA rules will not be [i]strictly[/i] followed.
From Championship Registration & Fees...

Entry Restrictions
Middle schools and clubs can enter 2 competitors in each event including field events, and 2 relays in each relay event. No athlete may enter more than 4 events including relays and field events.

From Competition Rules...

Competition Rulebook:
Georgia High School Association (GHSA) rules will be consulted.

The use of the term "consulted" may indicate that the GHSA rules will not be strictly followed.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.