indoor meets
12/07/2019 4:05:33 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Can a High Schooler run a college indoor meet under a running club?
12/08/2019 10:05:34 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@TomT223 see this [url=https://ga.milesplit.com/discussion/158479]discussion thread[/url] on indoor meets.
@TomT223 see this discussion thread on indoor meets.
12/08/2019 2:12:46 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@AlphaCrush I think the question not addressed in the other discussion is can high school runners compete in college meets unattached? The key word being college meet. Can GHSA restrict high school runners, during their season or out of season... whether XC, indoor or outdoor track....from participating in college meets that allow unattached runners by threatening loss of eligibility for future GHSA race participation? I'll assume unattached participation mean runners enters themselves, pays their own entry, are not accompanied by a GHSA coach, and do not wear a high school uniform.
@AlphaCrush

I think the question not addressed in the other discussion is can high school runners compete in college meets unattached? The key word being college meet. Can GHSA restrict high school runners, during their season or out of season... whether XC, indoor or outdoor track....from participating in college meets that allow unattached runners by threatening loss of eligibility for future GHSA race participation? I'll assume unattached participation mean runners enters themselves, pays their own entry, are not accompanied by a GHSA coach, and do not wear a high school uniform.
12/09/2019 8:42:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Sgriff2861 (6) In any GHSA sport, there may be no “open” competitions or exhibition performances that extend participation beyond the three levels of competition (i.e., varsity, JV, 9th grade) mandated in this by-law. The only interscholastic contests in which results are disregarded are scrimmages as defined below This might be the answer, but I am by no means an expert on the subject.
@Sgriff2861
(6) In any GHSA sport, there may be no "open" competitions or exhibition performances that extend
participation beyond the three levels of competition (i.e., varsity, JV, 9th grade) mandated in this
by-law. The only interscholastic contests in which results are disregarded are scrimmages as defined
below

This might be the answer, but I am by no means an expert on the subject.
12/11/2019 11:55:12 AM
User
[quote=TomT223]Can a High Schooler run a college indoor meet under a running club? [/quote] As long as you are not competing for your HS (nor supported in anyway; such as transportation, entry fees, etc), GHSA rules do not apply. Either unattached or as a member of a club. But it would be up to the meet director whether they would allow you to enter.
TomT223 wrote:

As long as you are not competing for your HS (nor supported in anyway; such as transportation, entry fees, etc), GHSA rules do not apply. Either unattached or as a member of a club.

But it would be up to the meet director whether they would allow you to enter.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.