Your thoughts?
11/20/2019 12:34:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I had one of my sprinters ask about making a video for her to send out to coaches, like they do in football. I have always believed that your results and communicating with coaches was enough. Has anyone else seen this as useful?
I had one of my sprinters ask about making a video for her to send out to coaches, like they do in football. I have always believed that your results and communicating with coaches was enough. Has anyone else seen this as useful?
11/20/2019 12:48:22 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I think it's definitely useful unless they have a bunch of videos tagged on MileSplit or something. I've had multiple coaches tell me on the phone they've watched my athletes' State races on MileSplit, and I had one coach ask that I send them a video of a potential recruit's running form. If your athlete's asking for it, and it isn't a huge hassle for you, I'd say do it. It couldn't hurt. Coaches like to see the athletes in action that they're potentially signing.
I think it's definitely useful unless they have a bunch of videos tagged on MileSplit or something. I've had multiple coaches tell me on the phone they've watched my athletes' State races on MileSplit, and I had one coach ask that I send them a video of a potential recruit's running form.

If your athlete's asking for it, and it isn't a huge hassle for you, I'd say do it. It couldn't hurt. Coaches like to see the athletes in action that they're potentially signing.
11/20/2019 4:36:31 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I'm always amazed when coaches offer athletes sight unseen. Since most high school athletes need to have upside to compete in college, you can often tell allot about what you think of an athlete's upside by seeing what they look like in person (or as in this case on video). I'd say this would be true for all the track events. Distance, sprints, hurdles, jumps or throws. Ragged form that can be cleaned up or perfect technique and already getting nearly everything out of their genetic potential? Poor starter/great starter? I can absolutely understand why a coach would like to see the athlete in action.
I'm always amazed when coaches offer athletes sight unseen. Since most high school athletes need to have upside to compete in college, you can often tell allot about what you think of an athlete's upside by seeing what they look like in person (or as in this case on video). I'd say this would be true for all the track events. Distance, sprints, hurdles, jumps or throws. Ragged form that can be cleaned up or perfect technique and already getting nearly everything out of their genetic potential? Poor starter/great starter? I can absolutely understand why a coach would like to see the athlete in action.
12/02/2019 11:59:41 AM
Coach
A few times videos of races have increased the interest of colleges in an athlete. One was a 1:53 800. But it was a 13 second victory in strong winds.you could see the flags blowing.
A few times videos of races have increased the interest of colleges in an athlete. One was a 1:53 800. But it was a 13 second victory in strong winds.you could see the flags blowing.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.