Carrollton Ortho Invitational Update
09/05/2019 3:13:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I wanted to put it in all the ears of the coaches who are coming to the meet this weekend to remind your parents that cost of admission is $5 a person. Also be on the lookout for updates for the Carrollton Invitational revamp for next season...pretty exciting news!! We've listened to some of your suggestions already...we eagerly await any more suggestions or ideas to come our way. We want make the Ortho meet as exciting as other meets throughout the Southeast.
I wanted to put it in all the ears of the coaches who are coming to the meet this weekend to remind your parents that cost of admission is $5 a person. Also be on the lookout for updates for the Carrollton Invitational revamp for next season...pretty exciting news!! We've listened to some of your suggestions already...we eagerly await any more suggestions or ideas to come our way. We want make the Ortho meet as exciting as other meets throughout the Southeast.
09/05/2019 8:03:12 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Jimmy... I know historically there have been some good programs from Florida who have come up to run Ortho. It would be cool if you guys would invite some of the better programs from Alabama, Tennessee, North and South Carolina and Florida up to the meet to amp up the competition level. I As it stands now, lots of coaches have to travel up to Wendy's, Great American, FSU Invite and other spots pretty far away to try to test themselves against top notch competition. It would be cool if we could get them right here on our own state meet course. Since out state meet course isn't exactly a barn burner, might put state meet course performance into perspective if we had top notch kids from other states running the course to benchmark against. Food for thought
Jimmy... I know historically there have been some good programs from Florida who have come up to run Ortho. It would be cool if you guys would invite some of the better programs from Alabama, Tennessee, North and South Carolina and Florida up to the meet to amp up the competition level. I

As it stands now, lots of coaches have to travel up to Wendy's, Great American, FSU Invite and other spots pretty far away to try to test themselves against top notch competition. It would be cool if we could get them right here on our own state meet course.

Since out state meet course isn't exactly a barn burner, might put state meet course performance into perspective if we had top notch kids from other states running the course to benchmark against.

Food for thought
09/05/2019 9:29:37 PM
Power User
@Sorrells28 I know for my team racing at 11am as the start in early September is just not a fun thing. The JV kids who race at 1pm could be brutal as well. I think having 4 different sets of varsity races really hurts the ability to have a JV group go, and I know I don't want to split my team up if I can help it. I like running hard courses throughout the year, so I would like to race at Carrollton. Racing there I think is beneficial for both Varsity and JV! I'm excited to hear about any new changes.
@Sorrells28 I know for my team racing at 11am as the start in early September is just not a fun thing. The JV kids who race at 1pm could be brutal as well. I think having 4 different sets of varsity races really hurts the ability to have a JV group go, and I know I don't want to split my team up if I can help it.

I like running hard courses throughout the year, so I would like to race at Carrollton. Racing there I think is beneficial for both Varsity and JV! I'm excited to hear about any new changes.
09/05/2019 9:55:43 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@xcnewbee it will be more brutal at 1pm
@xcnewbee it will be more brutal at 1pm
09/06/2019 6:36:37 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@gawebmaster This is exactly why earlier in the week, Coach King and I decided to split our squads and send one crew to Tomy Sitton's Eagle Invite and the top 14 to Carrollton. I just see no point in putting my JV kids on the line that late in early September when we're already practicing in the extreme heat (and with time constraints per Heat policy, too). I do hope next year we see a 7:30am start and far fewer races so everyone can be done by 11:00am as opposed to just getting started. Either way - looking forward to tomorrow!
@gawebmaster

This is exactly why earlier in the week, Coach King and I decided to split our squads and send one crew to Tomy Sitton's Eagle Invite and the top 14 to Carrollton. I just see no point in putting my JV kids on the line that late in early September when we're already practicing in the extreme heat (and with time constraints per Heat policy, too). I do hope next year we see a 7:30am start and far fewer races so everyone can be done by 11:00am as opposed to just getting started.

Either way - looking forward to tomorrow!
09/06/2019 9:10:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I wish the Ortho meet could be moved to a different weekend so it did not interfere with the Cobb County Meet ;)
I wish the Ortho meet could be moved to a different weekend so it did not interfere with the Cobb County Meet ;)

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.