Standards for the state meet
03/14/2019 11:24:55 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I am wondering why there are standards for some events and not others. I guess you need a starting height for the HJ and that does not apply to running events. However, why a minimum for TJ and not for the 100 m (or any other running event)?
I am wondering why there are standards for some events and not others. I guess you need a starting height for the HJ and that does not apply to running events. However, why a minimum for TJ and not for the 100 m (or any other running event)?
03/15/2019 4:19:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@daniel.gastley Without knowing the specifics of all the events that have a standard, but for the TJ, for the safety of the participant and measuring purposes they have to be able to make it to the sand. So depending on the flexibility of where the take off board is a standard may be needed for that reason.
@daniel.gastley

Without knowing the specifics of all the events that have a standard, but for the TJ, for the safety of the participant and measuring purposes they have to be able to make it to the sand. So depending on the flexibility of where the take off board is a standard may be needed for that reason.
03/15/2019 4:48:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BillATC In looking at it further - it looks like it is mostly to save time at the meet. Its fairly traditional to have a min measuring standard, as that does not exclude an athlete from throwing or jumping, but does save a time by not having to measure performances that will not have an impact on top places. In running events, since its just reading a photo you don't save any time by not recording a runner.
@BillATC

In looking at it further - it looks like it is mostly to save time at the meet. Its fairly traditional to have a min measuring standard, as that does not exclude an athlete from throwing or jumping, but does save a time by not having to measure performances that will not have an impact on top places. In running events, since its just reading a photo you don't save any time by not recording a runner.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.