Run for Tajay XC race
11/11/2018 2:18:32 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
For anyone looking to do a low-key 5k XC race in the offseason, the Run for Tajay will be on our Mill Creek campus XC course on Saturday, 12/15. It is in memory of Tajay Hoppines, who ran XC and played soccer at Mill Creek. There will also be a 1 mile fun run for any younger runners who want to participate. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this. Thanks. [url=https://www.active.com/hoschton-ga/running/cross-country-races/mill-creek-soccer-and-cross-country-5th-annual-run-for-tajay-2018?int=72-3-A4]https://www.active.com/hoschton-ga/running/cross-country-races/mill-creek-soccer-and-cross-country-5th-annual-run-for-tajay-2018?int=72-3-A4[/url]
For anyone looking to do a low-key 5k XC race in the offseason, the Run for Tajay will be on our Mill Creek campus XC course on Saturday, 12/15. It is in memory of Tajay Hoppines, who ran XC and played soccer at Mill Creek. There will also be a 1 mile fun run for any younger runners who want to participate. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this. Thanks.

https://www.active.com/hoschton-ga/running/cross-country-races/mill-creek-soccer-and-cross-country-5th-annual-run-for-tajay-2018?int=72-3-A4
11/13/2018 9:45:16 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
How competitive is this race usually? What is the course like and is it measured at 5K correctly? I'm thinking about running but I am not sure yet.
How competitive is this race usually? What is the course like and is it measured at 5K correctly?

I'm thinking about running but I am not sure yet.
11/14/2018 6:40:01 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@therealjbird17 The course is definitely a 5k. Since it is our home course it has been measured time and time again, so we could even give you accurate marks for the 1/2 mile, mile, and 2 mile marks if you're interested. As for the competition, we're expecting a number of Mill Creek alumni and current runners to hop in the race as something to carry them through the off season, so there should be a number of in-shape athletes near the front to help push whatever pace you're looking for.
@therealjbird17 The course is definitely a 5k. Since it is our home course it has been measured time and time again, so we could even give you accurate marks for the 1/2 mile, mile, and 2 mile marks if you're interested.

As for the competition, we're expecting a number of Mill Creek alumni and current runners to hop in the race as something to carry them through the off season, so there should be a number of in-shape athletes near the front to help push whatever pace you're looking for.
11/14/2018 7:31:28 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
It is a 5k, measured correctly. Last year was the first year we had it on our course and we had it in the afternoon, so turn out was lower than we wanted. This year we are moving it to the morning so that should help with turn out and the competitiveness. I believe the winning time was in the 18s last year. The course is mostly on dirt/crushed gravel trail, but there are some grass sections and 2 road crossings. I would describe it as being similar to Carrollton not in footing but in the fact that you are constantly going up or down or turning. It is 2 loops. In the past our Mill Creek runners who ran County (at the Horse Park in Conyers) and then our home course 2 weeks later typically ran about the same time or a little faster. Hope this helps!
It is a 5k, measured correctly. Last year was the first year we had it on our course and we had it in the afternoon, so turn out was lower than we wanted. This year we are moving it to the morning so that should help with turn out and the competitiveness. I believe the winning time was in the 18s last year.

The course is mostly on dirt/crushed gravel trail, but there are some grass sections and 2 road crossings. I would describe it as being similar to Carrollton not in footing but in the fact that you are constantly going up or down or turning. It is 2 loops. In the past our Mill Creek runners who ran County (at the Horse Park in Conyers) and then our home course 2 weeks later typically ran about the same time or a little faster.

Hope this helps!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.