Zaxby's Archer Invitational/7A Sectionals
10/29/2018 9:46:29 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coaches, I am sure that many of you are already aware but for those that are not, Archer is going to be a host site for this year's 7A Sectional. The GHSA has scrambled up the regions that make up each sectional a little bit and has paired Regions 2,4,5, and 8 together. I know this is a little different than everyone is used to but it should also serve as an exciting change of pace for most of us. I just wanted to reach out to everyone and invite each of you to one of our two Varsity home meets this season. This would allow those of you who have not been to the facility a chance to do so while also offering an extremely high level of competition. The first opportunity to compete at Archer Community Stadium will take place on February 22nd-23rd for the Zaxby's Archer Invitational. The full slate of Varsity events will take place on Saturday with a series of Middle School Exhibition races and select JV events taking place on Friday evening. This meet has produced 113 National Elite times/marks over the last 2 years and is among the top season-opening meets in the Southeast. This meet will fill up very quickly. Likely about 35 schools Another option would be the Tiger Creek Classic taking place on March 9th. This, for all intents and purposes, is an All-Comers Meet on a Saturday. I put this on every year to allow some of our younger kids an opportunity to get to compete on a Saturday after being a Wednesday/Thursday athlete for the majority of the season. However, I enter all of my Varsity kids in this meet as well and in past years, so has everyone else. Bring one, bring them all! No entry limits but I do like to keep the teams around 12-15 If either of these dates fit into your schedule or interest you please let me know! We also host both the JV and Varsity Region meets as well. (Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need information regarding one of these meets or about the facility) Thanks, Coach Kasson ethan_kasson@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
Coaches,

I am sure that many of you are already aware but for those that are not, Archer is going to be a host site for this year's 7A Sectional. The GHSA has scrambled up the regions that make up each sectional a little bit and has paired Regions 2,4,5, and 8 together. I know this is a little different than everyone is used to but it should also serve as an exciting change of pace for most of us. I just wanted to reach out to everyone and invite each of you to one of our two Varsity home meets this season. This would allow those of you who have not been to the facility a chance to do so while also offering an extremely high level of competition.

The first opportunity to compete at Archer Community Stadium will take place on February 22nd-23rd for the Zaxby's Archer Invitational. The full slate of Varsity events will take place on Saturday with a series of Middle School Exhibition races and select JV events taking place on Friday evening. This meet has produced 113 National Elite times/marks over the last 2 years and is among the top season-opening meets in the Southeast. This meet will fill up very quickly. Likely about 35 schools

Another option would be the Tiger Creek Classic taking place on March 9th. This, for all intents and purposes, is an All-Comers Meet on a Saturday. I put this on every year to allow some of our younger kids an opportunity to get to compete on a Saturday after being a Wednesday/Thursday athlete for the majority of the season. However, I enter all of my Varsity kids in this meet as well and in past years, so has everyone else. Bring one, bring them all! No entry limits but I do like to keep the teams around 12-15

If either of these dates fit into your schedule or interest you please let me know! We also host both the JV and Varsity Region meets as well.

(Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need information regarding one of these meets or about the facility)

Thanks,
Coach Kasson
ethan_kasson@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
10/29/2018 12:12:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any idea where the other Sectional is being held?
Any idea where the other Sectional is being held?
10/29/2018 12:42:27 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@runtad McEachern
@runtad

McEachern
10/29/2018 12:58:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Anyway to find out all the Sectionals locations for each classification?
Anyway to find out all the Sectionals locations for each classification?
11/27/2018 7:44:26 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
A few spots left for Zaxby's Archer Invitational. Also several still available for the Tiger Creek Classic. Shoot me an email if you are interested! ethan_kasson@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
A few spots left for Zaxby's Archer Invitational. Also several still available for the Tiger Creek Classic. Shoot me an email if you are interested!

ethan_kasson@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
11/28/2018 5:22:29 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@AHSBucs [url=https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/track/Track_F_Sectionals_2019.pdf]https://www.ghsa.net/sites/default/files/documents/track/Track_F_Sectionals_2019.pdf[/url]
02/21/2019 5:59:00 AM
User
Is the friday night jv/ms portion still happening with this weather coming in?
Is the friday night jv/ms portion still happening with this weather coming in?
02/22/2019 11:00:27 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Yes, the JV/MS events on Friday night have been canceled. The Varsity competition for Saturday will be good to go however!
Yes, the JV/MS events on Friday night have been canceled. The Varsity competition for Saturday will be good to go however!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.