Steeplechase?
09/26/2017 4:46:28 PM
Coach
I know we're in the thick of cross country season, but it's never too early to start looking at the spring. Are there any meets in the southeast that have the steeplechase for HS runners? I have a few runners that would love the opportunity to try this unique event, but I don't know of any since Coaches moved away from GA Tech. Thanks!
I know we're in the thick of cross country season, but it's never too early to start looking at the spring.

Are there any meets in the southeast that have the steeplechase for HS runners? I have a few runners that would love the opportunity to try this unique event, but I don't know of any since Coaches moved away from GA Tech.

Thanks!
09/26/2017 10:36:10 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
There must be a steeple pit at Lakewood. Jefferson use to have a steeple pit on the inside near vault run ways and flag pole. They ran the event at Jefferson Relays. Did not count in point standings, so was populated with JV. Occasionally a top runner would try it. Highlight event to watch. Usually had one good splashdown each year.
There must be a steeple pit at Lakewood.
Jefferson use to have a steeple pit on the inside near vault run ways and flag pole. They ran the event at Jefferson Relays. Did not count in point standings, so was populated with JV. Occasionally a top runner would try it. Highlight event to watch. Usually had one good splashdown each year.
09/26/2017 10:51:52 PM
Power User
@Yifter80 The Tri-Cities Track Classic in Johnson City, TN. Competitive meet with teams from TN, VA, NC, SC, OH and AL.
@Yifter80 The Tri-Cities Track Classic in Johnson City, TN. Competitive meet with teams from TN, VA, NC, SC, OH and AL.
09/27/2017 3:29:01 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@RothRE Marietta track has a water pit... not sure if they have barriers... if not, maybe they could partner with the ATC to get a grant for barriers if they will commit to offering up steeple at 2 regular season meets and again at the post season MOC.
@RothRE Marietta track has a water pit... not sure if they have barriers... if not, maybe they could partner with the ATC to get a grant for barriers if they will commit to offering up steeple at 2 regular season meets and again at the post season MOC.
09/28/2017 6:45:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@MattAdams Richmond Hill High School has steeplechase at home meets throughout the season. Also at their annual apex invitational in April.
@MattAdams

Richmond Hill High School has steeplechase at home meets throughout the season. Also at their annual apex invitational in April.
09/29/2017 1:00:33 PM
Coach
@crossfan2861 Maybe the Marietta Distance Carnival? @blackjack31 I know I'm not the only one who would want to see some [s]wipeouts[/s] excitement at the water pit!
@crossfan2861

Maybe the Marietta Distance Carnival?

@blackjack31
I know I'm not the only one who would want to see some wipeouts excitement at the water pit!
09/29/2017 2:46:37 PM
User
I remember it sleeting and snowing at the Marietta distance carnival a few years ago. I doubt there would have been many takers, but what a show it would've been!
I remember it sleeting and snowing at the Marietta distance carnival a few years ago. I doubt there would have been many takers, but what a show it would've been!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.