GHSA
05/21/2017 9:24:19 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Heard Florida was thinking about adding events. Does the GHSA have anything in the works for the near future? Maybe not Javelin but I'm curious are there any new ideas being presented? http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/212273-ask-the-fhsaa-will-javelin-be-coming-back-to-fhsaa-track-field
Heard Florida was thinking about adding events. Does the GHSA have anything in the works for the near future? Maybe not Javelin but I'm curious are there any new ideas being presented?

http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/212273-ask-the-fhsaa-will-javelin-be-coming-back-to-fhsaa-track-field
05/22/2017 1:40:39 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Bansley2 Over the years we have been pushing for the 4x800, 48 states have it as a state event, Georgia does not....With the split state meets (locations & classifications) there is now time in the schedule to have it as an event to be contested.
@Bansley2
Over the years we have been pushing for the 4x800, 48 states have it as a state event, Georgia does not....With the split state meets (locations & classifications) there is now time in the schedule to have it as an event to be contested.
05/22/2017 2:06:47 PM
User
I think the 4X800 would be great, but doubt it will ever happen. That race would surely help balance the scales between sprinters and distance. Beating a dead horse, but giving a strong sprinter 2 open events and two relays stacks the deck. I think it would be more likely to limit to one relay. Every year this topic comes up, but 2/3 of the state didn't have to go to Albany this year, so anything is possible I guess.
I think the 4X800 would be great, but doubt it will ever happen. That race would surely help balance the scales between sprinters and distance. Beating a dead horse, but giving a strong sprinter 2 open events and two relays stacks the deck. I think it would be more likely to limit to one relay. Every year this topic comes up, but 2/3 of the state didn't have to go to Albany this year, so anything is possible I guess.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.