Race Results???
08/28/2016 7:59:19 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
http://event-tech.com/results
http://event-tech.com/results
08/28/2016 11:05:24 AM
Coach
This is not common with this meet. I needed to know results to contact our paper and they are usually timely but I was not able to do it. It's pretty frustrating. And whoever posted the results link that is only the open race results. None of the high school results are on there.
This is not common with this meet. I needed to know results to contact our paper and they are usually timely but I was not able to do it. It's pretty frustrating. And whoever posted the results link that is only the open race results. None of the high school results are on there.
08/28/2016 12:01:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@AlexHolmes27 http://www.fleetfeetsavannah.com/racing/race-results/2016
@AlexHolmes27

http://www.fleetfeetsavannah.com/racing/race-results/2016
08/28/2016 6:05:25 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
those results are not usable on MileSplit. I have e-mailed the timing company to send them.
those results are not usable on MileSplit. I have e-mailed the timing company to send them.
08/28/2016 6:44:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Avs001 timers and MDs can self post results on the meet page or submit them via e-mail. When submitted by e-mail they get posted asap. I have also left them a vm tonite.8-)
@Avs001 timers and MDs can self post results on the meet page or submit them via e-mail. When submitted by e-mail they get posted asap. I have also left them a vm tonite.
08/29/2016 12:16:12 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We also need the team results? Beatty
We also need the team results? Beatty
08/30/2016 3:26:03 PM
User
Team results fouled up totally. It also took forever to get individual times. A disservice to all the schools that attended.
Team results fouled up totally. It also took forever to get individual times. A disservice to all the schools that attended.
08/30/2016 6:53:37 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks, results are up and parsed for Ga athletes.
Thanks, results are up and parsed for Ga athletes.
08/30/2016 8:09:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I always find this funny (and am guilty of the same). Less than 24 hours after the meet and it's "WHERE ARE THE RESULTS?!?!?!?!?", "IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WHOLE DAY!!!". I remember the good old days when you occasionally saw results in a newspaper and would occasionally find out about other teams & rankings in the Harrier magazine (I think that's what it was called) every month or two. Remember, these people have lives & jobs & stuff. Meet directors are people, too!
I always find this funny (and am guilty of the same). Less than 24 hours after the meet and it's "WHERE ARE THE RESULTS?!?!?!?!?", "IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WHOLE DAY!!!". I remember the good old days when you occasionally saw results in a newspaper and would occasionally find out about other teams & rankings in the Harrier magazine (I think that's what it was called) every month or two.

Remember, these people have lives & jobs & stuff. Meet directors are people, too!
08/31/2016 9:18:09 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Well said, GACarter. I was thinking the same thing.
Well said, GACarter. I was thinking the same thing.
08/31/2016 11:14:11 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I've also been guilty of saying "Why aren't they posted!" only to realize they were and I overlooked them.
I've also been guilty of saying "Why aren't they posted!" only to realize they were and I overlooked them.
09/03/2016 5:55:57 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@GACARTER You make a good point, but also keep in mind how much money our programs are paying for these invitationals. Part of that is going to the timer to get results up and online quickly, and in some cases live results. I imagine that timing companies charge much more for meets now than they did in the 90's. They make quite a bit of money for a half days worth it work. Now, we are all human, and mistakes happen. But if any one company or meet consistently has delays because of mistakes or laziness, that's unacceptable. (FYI, not pointing the finger at anybody, just a potential example)
@GACARTER
You make a good point, but also keep in mind how much money our programs are paying for these invitationals. Part of that is going to the timer to get results up and online quickly, and in some cases live results. I imagine that timing companies charge much more for meets now than they did in the 90's. They make quite a bit of money for a half days worth it work. Now, we are all human, and mistakes happen. But if any one company or meet consistently has delays because of mistakes or laziness, that's unacceptable.
(FYI, not pointing the finger at anybody, just a potential example)

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.