Georgia State Middle School Cross Country Championships 2015 experience
10/17/2015 10:40:41 PM
User
In here you can post your experience during the race, so I'll begin with my experience, when I first started the race I could't fell my fingers almost, then when I started the race, I felt a strange tingling feeling in my fingers, once I was done with the first 400m I realized that I could't rely on people falling behind, and people starting to fast, and I realized that all of these althletes were the best of their school so I tried to run a little faster,my time for the first mile was 5:40 which was exactly on my goal time, what I decided to do the previous day when I was developing my race sratagy. I knew I had to speed up at this time I had to speed up. To save time I will skip to the last 800m, once I had gotten to the last 800m mark I sped up and passed 2 people on the last uphill. then as I reched the downhill and tried to catch Jaime Jacoby, I could'nt keep up and fell behingd getting 5th for the small school division, championship. (My time was a 11:35.48)
In here you can post your experience during the race, so I'll begin with my experience, when I first started the race I could't fell my fingers almost, then when I started the race, I felt a strange tingling feeling in my fingers, once I was done with the first 400m I realized that I could't rely on people falling behind, and people starting to fast, and I realized that all of these althletes were the best of their school so I tried to run a little faster,my time for the first mile was 5:40 which was exactly on my goal time, what I decided to do the previous day when I was developing my race sratagy. I knew I had to speed up at this time I had to speed up. To save time I will skip to the last 800m, once I had gotten to the last 800m mark I sped up and passed 2 people on the last uphill. then as I reched the downhill and tried to catch Jaime Jacoby, I could'nt keep up and fell behingd getting 5th for the small school division, championship. (My time was a 11:35.48)
10/18/2015 6:11:31 PM
User
I had a great time at the race yesterday, as my youngest son is now in high school, and I no longer have a dog in that hunt I cheered for all 1500 of so runners. I had two runners that just stuck out to me for their accomplishments and great performances. 1st- Max Mowrer- I am so glad you were there yesterday, as I know you have no middle school team to run with. You had the fastest time of the day on a very challenging course. I have seen you at several other events and look forward to seeing you in the future. 2nd- Jewellee Love- I had the privilege of meeting this young lady, her coach, and her dad on Friday. She never once let on that she would run through that field the way she did. I have heard Shelly Cranford many times encourage our team to be happily humble, and this young lady was exactly that! What a great ambassador for this sport. I look forward to watching your running career for years to come. Congratulations to everyone that participated yesterday and the best of luck in the future.
I had a great time at the race yesterday, as my youngest son is now in high school, and I no longer have a dog in that hunt I cheered for all 1500 of so runners. I had two runners that just stuck out to me for their accomplishments and great performances.
1st- Max Mowrer- I am so glad you were there yesterday, as I know you have no middle school team to run with. You had the fastest time of the day on a very challenging course. I have seen you at several other events and look forward to seeing you in the future.
2nd- Jewellee Love- I had the privilege of meeting this young lady, her coach, and her dad on Friday. She never once let on that she would run through that field the way she did. I have heard Shelly Cranford many times encourage our team to be happily humble, and this young lady was exactly that! What a great ambassador for this sport. I look forward to watching your running career for years to come.
Congratulations to everyone that participated yesterday and the best of luck in the future.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.