Article Comment: Parents angered after daughters' Tennessee track careers come to abrupt end
10/12/2014 2:28:38 PM
User
Pathetic dismissing kids before they have even competed. Hope parents and HS coaches remember this and steer runners away from UT and this coach.
Pathetic dismissing kids before they have even competed. Hope parents and HS coaches remember this and steer runners away from UT and this coach.
10/12/2014 2:31:44 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Should this article really be on the cover of milesplit? College track is a business. What happened to the coach that recruited them?
Should this article really be on the cover of milesplit? College track is a business. What happened to the coach that recruited them?
10/12/2014 2:43:09 PM
User
This is awful!
This is awful!
10/12/2014 8:39:56 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Good to post article to keep you on your toes. Track and field is all about first place. If you are not hitting the marks, someone else will. With that said, this was cold-bloded, If the athlete is not a "fit" cut them after spring semester.
Good to post article to keep you on your toes. Track and field is all about first place. If you are not hitting the marks, someone else will. With that said, this was cold-bloded, If the athlete is not a "fit" cut them after spring semester.
10/13/2014 3:43:33 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Seems that the athletes were a bit "over-scholarshipped" in the first place. None of them could score in the SEC with their personal bests posted on Milesplit. I'm not sure why they were offered such large sums initially when they weren't on pace to score at the SEC conference meet. I've never heard of a full ride for an incoming freshmen whose pr's wouldn't score at the conference championships, much less at the NCAA level. I know several NCAA national champions that were never on a full ride. I would be hesitant as a parent if my child was offered such a huge sum knowing they would have to improve radically to even score one point at their conference meet. On the flip side, I didn't know you could have your scholarship pulled before the season even started. Am I missing something?
Seems that the athletes were a bit "over-scholarshipped" in the first place. None of them could score in the SEC with their personal bests posted on Milesplit. I'm not sure why they were offered such large sums initially when they weren't on pace to score at the SEC conference meet. I've never heard of a full ride for an incoming freshmen whose pr's wouldn't score at the conference championships, much less at the NCAA level. I know several NCAA national champions that were never on a full ride. I would be hesitant as a parent if my child was offered such a huge sum knowing they would have to improve radically to even score one point at their conference meet. On the flip side, I didn't know you could have your scholarship pulled before the season even started. Am I missing something?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.