Georgia State Middle School Cross Country Championships 2012
09/20/2012 10:44:01 PM
Coach
Can't wait for this meet. It is my favorite cross country meet of the year. Should be a very competitive field this year. Zac Cantrell and Sean Parker are back. 2nd and 5th last year.
Can't wait for this meet. It is my favorite cross country meet of the year. Should be a very competitive field this year. Zac Cantrell and Sean Parker are back. 2nd and 5th last year.
09/21/2012 9:02:11 AM
User
@bnc30188 I agree. This is my favorite meet of the season. It is well organized and fans and parents show great support for the runners.
@bnc30188 I agree. This is my favorite meet of the season. It is well organized and fans and parents show great support for the runners.
09/21/2012 10:02:09 AM
Power User
On the girl's side of things. Kira Stanley and Jana Morning should battle for the top spot in the Large School divison. While Audrey Honiotes and Sarah Foreman go head to head in the Small School division.
On the girl's side of things. Kira Stanley and Jana Morning should battle for the top spot in the Large School divison. While Audrey Honiotes and Sarah Foreman go head to head in the Small School division.
09/21/2012 10:28:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=CoachMoses2005]On the girl's side of things. Kira Stanley and Jana Morning should battle for the top spot in the Large School divison. While Audrey Honiotes and Sarah Foreman go head to head in the Small School division.[/quote] @CoachMoses2005 Will Mckenzie Ellison run in this meet? She finished a very close second to Morgan Isle TWO years ago!
CoachMoses2005 wrote:

@CoachMoses2005 Will Mckenzie Ellison run in this meet? She finished a very close second to Morgan Isle TWO years ago!
09/21/2012 11:01:04 AM
User
@bhs11 Last year Mackenzie and Jana had a nice race in the large school division at this meet with Mackenzie winning by four seconds. Should be another competitive race this year if they both return to run at Cochran. With a few others mixed in it should be fun to watch.
@bhs11 Last year Mackenzie and Jana had a nice race in the large school division at this meet with Mackenzie winning by four seconds. Should be another competitive race this year if they both return to run at Cochran. With a few others mixed in it should be fun to watch.
09/26/2012 2:28:40 PM
User
Where is the best place to stay, for those needing overnight accomodations?
Where is the best place to stay, for those needing overnight accomodations?
09/26/2012 3:20:02 PM
User
@jaketrey2 The last two years we have stayed at the Best Western in Hawkinsville and will be staying there again this year. Our school team also stays in a different motel in Hawkinsville. It is about a 15-20 min. ride to the meet site (about 8-10 miles I believe). There are several hotels in Cochran, but we have not tried any of those. Last year in the recap article for the meet the Cochran Inn and Suites was mentioned as being a good place to stay.
@jaketrey2 The last two years we have stayed at the Best Western in Hawkinsville and will be staying there again this year. Our school team also stays in a different motel in Hawkinsville. It is about a 15-20 min. ride to the meet site (about 8-10 miles I believe). There are several hotels in Cochran, but we have not tried any of those. Last year in the recap article for the meet the Cochran Inn and Suites was mentioned as being a good place to stay.
09/26/2012 3:28:22 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Buckwheat191 The Cochran Inn and Suites is awesome, we stay there every year.
@Buckwheat191 The Cochran Inn and Suites is awesome, we stay there every year.
10/08/2012 1:44:06 PM
User
Just was wondering what kind of course this will be? My daughter will be running as a unattached runner and we didn't know what to expect this will be our first time here. She has run on road,wooded,and track courses. Any input would be great. Seems like it will be a great experience for her and all the kids. Hope everyone has a great day. Thank you
Just was wondering what kind of course this will be? My daughter will be running as a unattached runner and we didn't know what to expect this will be our first time here. She has run on road,wooded,and track courses. Any input would be great. Seems like it will be a great experience for her and all the kids. Hope everyone has a great day.
Thank you
10/08/2012 2:07:19 PM
User
@leslieyoung As a spectator and parent you will enjoy this meet. My favorite meet of the season to attend and watch. The course is mostly grass / trails. Starts in an open sports field area. Some of the trails are in wooded areas. I know it has at least one road crossing and what I would call some moderate inclines and declines. It is very well marked and controlled and the folks that run the meet do a great job. If you look back at some of the posts about this meet from last year I believe you will find a map of the course posted.
@leslieyoung As a spectator and parent you will enjoy this meet. My favorite meet of the season to attend and watch. The course is mostly grass / trails. Starts in an open sports field area. Some of the trails are in wooded areas. I know it has at least one road crossing and what I would call some moderate inclines and declines. It is very well marked and controlled and the folks that run the meet do a great job. If you look back at some of the posts about this meet from last year I believe you will find a map of the course posted.
10/08/2012 4:37:10 PM
User
@Buckwheat191 Thank you so much. We can't wait to get there.
@Buckwheat191
Thank you so much. We can't wait to get there.
10/11/2012 9:04:43 PM
Coach
I just entered two athletes unattached. There wasn't an option for large or small school race do we just show up for the race we want or do we need to select that head of time? I wasn't sure what we did last time.
I just entered two athletes unattached. There wasn't an option for large or small school race do we just show up for the race we want or do we need to select that head of time? I wasn't sure what we did last time.
10/11/2012 10:04:20 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@bnc30188 Send them to the Start line for the race they need to be in. Remember, if their rising HS is Large or Small school is important. Thx.
@bnc30188 Send them to the Start line for the race they need to be in. Remember, if their rising HS is Large or Small school is important. Thx.
10/14/2012 7:03:36 PM
User
Less than one week to go. Any predictions?
Less than one week to go. Any predictions?
10/14/2012 8:28:39 PM
Coach
@Buckwheat191 I believe Sean Parker will win hands down. I just saw him blow away some tough competition today on a very hard course. He looks to be running strong. Zac Cantrell has had a couple of bad races off on a hands down win race on a tough course two weeks ago. So it has been feast or famine for him this year, but he will be in the top 5 mix. The kid from Oconee (I forget his name) will be up there as well. Nicholas Wooton and a few others from Woodstock will be in the top ten mix. Rising star Adien Heard will be in he race for the first time as a 6th grader. He is te next top middle school XC runner.
@Buckwheat191 I believe Sean Parker will win hands down. I just saw him blow away some tough competition today on a very hard course. He looks to be running strong. Zac Cantrell has had a couple of bad races off on a hands down win race on a tough course two weeks ago. So it has been feast or famine for him this year, but he will be in the top 5 mix. The kid from Oconee (I forget his name) will be up there as well. Nicholas Wooton and a few others from Woodstock will be in the top ten mix. Rising star Adien Heard will be in he race for the first time as a 6th grader. He is te next top middle school XC runner.
10/14/2012 8:30:20 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@bnc30188 Anthony Potts (rising North OC)
@bnc30188 Anthony Potts (rising North OC)
10/14/2012 8:47:01 PM
User
The Bleckley County XC group does a great job with all of the races they host. We were just there Saturday and they did their usual outstanding job. Also, a plug for Scott's BBQ just off the bypass. Awesome if you like BBQ.
The Bleckley County XC group does a great job with all of the races they host. We were just there Saturday and they did their usual outstanding job. Also, a plug for Scott's BBQ just off the bypass. Awesome if you like BBQ.
10/14/2012 8:50:10 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@kilroy ate at Scott's last year and they have other stuff besides bbq (home cookin) that is good. They are packed on Friday so be prepared for a little wait on your food, but worth it.
@kilroy ate at Scott's last year and they have other stuff besides bbq (home cookin) that is good. They are packed on Friday so be prepared for a little wait on your food, but worth it.
10/17/2012 3:10:16 PM
User
I can not wait for the meet this year. I do want their to be a change. Put 3A in large school. I am saying that because we have been doing that every year by leaving them in large school. 3A does better that way. I just do not think it is fair for 3A girls and boys to adjust to this change. :-@ I know that the state championships is not ran by the state. You guys made it that way and you guys can change it. I hope you understand and change it by the middle school state championships this Saturday.
I can not wait for the meet this year. I do want their to be a change. Put 3A in large school. I am saying that because we have been doing that every year by leaving them in large school. 3A does better that way. I just do not think it is fair for 3A girls and boys to adjust to this change. I know that the state championships is not ran by the state. You guys made it that way and you guys can change it. I hope you understand and change it by the middle school state championships this Saturday.
10/17/2012 3:56:55 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@XCFANNUMBER1 This isn't going to change Saturday or next year as the number of teams on each side are nearly equal. This was the intent of the MD. Even races across the board. Both sides are equally competitive. there are more Large School Individuals than Small School. Small School (30) Large School (29)
@XCFANNUMBER1 This isn't going to change Saturday or next year as the number of teams on each side are nearly equal. This was the intent of the MD. Even races across the board. Both sides are equally competitive. there are more Large School Individuals than Small School.

Small School (30)
Large School (29)

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.