Kyle Harkabus (photo Dan McCauley)
Graduating seniors, it's not too late to tell us your story and let us send out a big 'Senior Salute to you. Please take a look at the information below, answer the questionnaire, send us a few pics and we will make it happen for you. One does not have to be an 'Elite' athlete to get featured on the homepage.
* Attention Georgia's Grad Class Of 2020, with schools closed and meets/practices suspended thru at least 4/24 by the GHSA especially with being isolated at home with most of you climbing the walls during COVID-19, here is your chance to tell your story.
Let us know how your high school career unfolded and what your plans and goals for the future are by participating in our 'Senior Salute' series. We are also seeking athletes to participate who may not be an 'Elite' athlete, but were team leaders and 'rocks' others looked to in their programs.
* What do you need to do in order to participate?
See the embedded 'Senior Salute' questionnaire below: Fill out your responses and send them (as well as a cover photo with credit information) to site editor, Bruce Taylor at:
This series is open to any 2020 Georgia graduate who participated in cross country and / or track and field.
Please edit your answers carefully prior to sending and remember that we need a couple of photos.
You can forward responses within the body of your e-mail or as a word document or similar document. (no pdf)
1) What were some of the highlights of your high school cross country and track careers?
2) Did you encounter any struggles or adversity along the way that you had to overcome?
3) Aside from the competition, what was the best thing about being a part of your school's program?
4) Are there any coaches or teammates that you've worked with over the past four years that you'd like to thank?
5) How are you coping with the COVID-19 pandemic which ended your high school track career?
6) What are your plans and goals for the future? Do you intend on continuing with the sport in college or in another capacity?
7) What advice would you give to a younger athlete who's hoping to have a successful and enjoyable high school career?
We look forward to featuring you and your stories. Coaches are welcome to respond as well with info!
Stay safe out there.