The 60th Annual Columbus Relays
March 3, 2018
The track at the stadium is an eight lane all-weather rubberized track with 42 inch lanes. We will be using Fully Automatic Timing (Finishlynx). Each school may enter a maximum of three competitors per individual event. Each competitor may participate in a maximum of five events. Of the five events, only four may be relays. Each school may enter only one relay team per event.
If your athlete is participating in three individual events in conjunction with two relays, the rules indicated below should be followed:
1. Three field events.
2. Two field events and one individual running event.
3. One field event and two individual running events.
There will be no scratch meeting the day of the meet. All scratches, additions, or changes must be made online by Friday, March 3th before 6 pm.
Absolutely no radios, CD players or other sound equipment are to be brought into the stadium. All athletes are to remain in the stand or designated warm-up area when not competing in their event. Buses are to be parked in the designated areas.
Entry Fees are $150 per School (Boys and Girls Team) or $100 per Team (gender)
Any question please contact
MCSD Director of Athletics
MINIMUM HEIGHT AND DISTANCE FOR FIELD EVENTS
1. High Jump: Girls start at 4 feet 4 inches (increases by 2 inches)
Boys start at 5 feet 4 inches (increases by 2 inches)
2. Pole Vault: Boys start at 8 feet 6 inches (increases by 6 inches)
Girls start at 6 feet 6 inches (increases by 6 inches)
3. Long Jump: Girls: will measure a jump of 15 feet or more.
Boys: will measure a jump of 20 feet or more.
4. Triple Jump: Girls: will measure jumps of 28 feet or more.
Boys: will measure jumps of 38 feet or more.
5. Shot Put: Girls: will measure a throw of 28 feet or more.
Boys: will measure a throw of 38 feet or more.
6. Discus: Girls: will measure a throw of 80 feet or more.
Boys: will measure a throw of 120 feet or more.
7. Sprint Medley: 200m 200m 400m 800m
8. Distance Medley: 1200m 400m 800m 1600m
9. 4 x 200 Meter Relay: will be run in lanes the entire race. DO NOT CHANGE LANES
10. Relay cards must be submitted to the clerk of the course at the first call when athletes report. Please check your packets for the relay cards. Please use complete names.
11. Athletes should remain in the stands unless they are competing in an event.
12. Coaches should only be on the field during field events.
13. Warm-up area is located at the south end of stadium. Warm-ups are not permitted on the infield or track once running events have started.
14. SCORING: 10 8 6 5 - 4 3 - 2 1
15. ZERO FALSE START RULE !!!
16. PLEASE NOTE THE PARTICIPATION LIMITATIONS ON YOUR ENTRY INFORMATION SHEET.
NO PROTEST ALLOWED, FINAL DECISION REST WITH THE RULES COMMITTEE.
10:00 AM Boys Long Jump
Girls Triple Jump
10:00 AM Girls High Jump
10:00 AM Boys Pole Vault
10:00 AM Girls Shot Put
10:00 AM Boys Discus Throw
10:00 AM Girls 300 Meter Hurdles
10:20 AM Boys 300 Meter Hurdles
10:40 AM Girls 4x1600 Meter Relay
11:10 AM Boys 4x1600 Meter Relay
12:00 PM Girls 100 Meter Hurdles
Boys 110 Meter Hurdles
Girls 4x100 Meter Relay
Boys 4x100 Meter Relay
Girls 4x800 Meter Relay
Boys 4x800 Meter Relay
Girls 100 Meter Dash
Boys 100 Meter Dash
Girls 1600 Sprint Medley
Boys 1600 Sprint Medley
Girls Distance Medley
Boys Distance Medley
Girls 4x200 Meter Relay
Boys 4x200 Meter Relay
Girls 1600 Meter Run
Boys 1600 Meter Run
Girls 4x400 Meter Relay
Boys 4x400 Meter Relay
1:00 PM Boys Triple Jump
Girls Long Jump
Girls Pole Vault
Boys High Jump
Boys Shot Put
Girls Discus Throw
- No discussions yet. Be the first!