Additional InformationBIBB COUNTY INVITATIONAL
THOMPSON STADIUM-APPLING MIDDLE SCHOOL, 1210 SHURLING DR., MACON, GA
SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2011
GENERAL INFORMATION- THERE WILL BE NO QUALIFYING. THE SIX BEST TIMES FROM ALL HEATS IN EACH EVENT WILL DETERMINE THE PLACE OF FINISH. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE WE WILL DRAW TO FOR THE PLACE OR PLACES OF FINISH.
Entry Fee: $75.00 per team, and 120 for both boys and girls team. Please make checks payable to Northeast High School.
1. The meet will be a FAT (Fully Automatic Timing) by Perfect Timing Group (Marietta, GA.)
2. A coaches meeting will be held in the Dunn Field House at 9:00 am on Saturday, April 7th. All participating schools should be represented. The meet is divided into three sessions. The first sessions will begin at 9:30 am with Finals in field events and 4 X 800 Relay. The second session will begin at 11:30 am with the running in the 3200 meters run and 300 meters intermediate hurdles. The third session will begin at 12:30 pm with the final running events.
3. The track is an eight lane all-weather surface. Track spikes must be 1/4" or less.
4. Shot and discus areas are concrete. Rubber sole shoes are needed.
5. Starting blocks will be provided. Shots will be weighed and discusses will be checked.
6. Each school may enter two athletes in each individual event and enter two teams in the relays.
7. Heats and flights will be set according to times and distances sent in.
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING THE MEET
1. Each head coach of each team must submit their entries online by Thursday at noon.
2. The Website for Bibb Co./Alvin Copeland Invitational: ga.milesplit.com/meets/107947/.
3. You can get online instructions from (if needed):
PROCEDURES FOR RUNNING THE MEET
1. All events will be announced over the P.A. system. Your teams attention to each call is indispensable. Athletes must report to the Clerk of the Course on the First Call. Failure to report in time may lead to a possible disqualification.
2. Events will be held at the scheduled times, if possible. It is each coaches responsibility to have their athletes in proper place at the proper time.
3. Participants are asked to stay in their lanes and walk back toward the finish line after each running event.
4. As soon as places of finish is determined after each event, presentation of awards will be made on the victory stand.
5. Team trophy and high point trophies (girl and boy) will be represented at the conclusion of the meet. Let us know if you feel that you have a participant in the running for the high point trophy award near the conclusion of the meet.
6. Scoring are as follows: 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7. The 3200 meters and the 300 meters intermediate hurdles will be run during the Second Session.
8. Please review rules concerning entries, uniforms, jewelry, etc. prior to meet.
9. All head coaches will serve on the games committee if a dispute arises except the coach of the team in dispute.
FIELD EVENTS AND 4 X 800 RELAY - Each individual will be given FOUR jumps or FOUR throws in their event.
Shot Put - Boys (will measure 40' or better)
Discus Throw - Girls (will measure 90' or better)
Long Jump - Girls (will measure 15' or better)
Triple Jump - Boys (will measure 39' or better)
High Jump - Girls (starting height 4'6")
Pole Vault - Boys (starting height 9'0")
4 x 800 Relay - Girls (Boys following after)
11:00 am (Or as soon as boys and girls can swap)
Shot Put - Girls (will measure 30' or better)
Discus Throw - Boys (will measure 100' or better)
High Jump - Boys (starting height is 5'8")
Triple Jump - Girls (will measure 30' or better)
Long Jump - Boys (will measure 18' or better)
Pole Vault - Girls (starting height is 6'0")
SECOND SESSION - 11:30 AM
Finals in the 3200 Meters run - Girls
Finals in the 3200 Meters run - Boys
300 Meter Intermediate Hurdles - Girls
300 Meter Intermediate Hurdles - Boys
THIRD SESSION - 12:30 PM
12:15 pm - First Call
12:20 pm - Second Call
12:25 pm - Third Call
12:30 pm -
4 X 100 Meter Relay - Girls
4 X 100 Meter Relay - Boys
1600 Meter Run - Girls
400 Meter Dash - Girls
400 Meter Dash - Boys
100 Meter Dash - Girls
100 Meter Dash - Boys
100 Meter Hurdles - Girls
110 Meter Hurdles - Boys
800 Meter Run - Girls
800 Meter Run - Boys
200 Meter Dash - Girls
200 Meter Dash - Boys
1600 Meter Run - Boys
4 X 400 Meter Relays - Girls
4 X 400 Meter Relay - Boys
PRESENTATION OF TEAM AND HIGH POINT TROPHY'S AWARDS.
All GHSA rules in reference to event entries will apply (Max 5 events, 3 open and 2 relays)
Any questions please contact:
Coach Sherri Marks - email@example.com
Coach Kelvin Oliver - firstname.lastname@example.org
- No discussion yet. Be the first!