Based on the sectionals, who has the best chance to win it all? I don't follow teams well enough to have a clue.
- On the boy's side, Brookwood is probably a slight favorite, but they did not get all of their key performers through sectionals. Peachtree Ridge did get their key performers through sectionals and could surprise BW. I see Luella, Westlake, MLK, McEachern and Wheeler competing for 3rd, and it is possible that one of them could overtake BW and PR.
- On the girls side, Alpharetta and Peachtree Ridge, closely followed by Walton, seem to me are the favorites.
- You have to include the MLK girls in the discussion as well. They could easily score 50 points but there is not much depth; the same can be said of the Walton girls.
- Based on seeding alone, it's going to come down to Alpharetta, MLK and Walton. Grayson and Peachtree Ridge have a shot to duke it out for a spot, too, but we all know what happens when we go by seeding alone.
It should be a very fun weekend!
- my 2 cents!!! : ) Bwood is still the team to beat on the boys side.. great distance.. HJ.. Good pv, hurdles, 4x4..
Ptree will be right there with Brickell, morris is the fav in PV..15'.. Mills and 300h could be the deciding factor!! I like Coffee to score big points in the 4x1, LJ, 100 and 200...That dude is fun to watch!!could be enough for a podium spot..
Girls- Ironically with all the sprint talk... it could all come down to the Distance... with 16 STUDS in all 3 events, those points could go to ANYONE!!!! I like Bwood to sneak into the mix!! They always peak this time of year.. Kissell and Shanks are veterans of the Albany Oval!!! Teams to watch.. Millcreek, and Campbell!!! They could throw a wrench in plans too!!!! Walton, Alpharetta and Ptree are the most diverse with athletes in Field, Distance, hurdles and Sprints.... vs Grayson and MLK with RAW SPEED 4x1, 100,200,400,4x4!!! Should be AWESOME to watch.. might come down to the 4x4 for Trophies!!! only supposed to be 92 degrees :)... Great weekend to run fast.. Good luck to all,,, and travel safe!!
- Well I guess between this thread and the preview article we have a clear favorite on the girls side. It is either Alpharetta, Peachtree Ridge, MLK, Walton, Grayson, Brookwood, Mill Creek, or Campbell
Out of those 8 schools, 6 will be in the 4x400. Could it come down to the final race of the meet?
- Looks like the Brookwood 1600 girls made sure they are in contention for the team title.
- with 8 events scored, and pretending the prelims count as finals, the projected standings are:
P-tree Ridge 37
We could have Walton and/or Brookwood watching that 4X4 hoping someone, anyone can beat MLK. Don't sleep on Alpharetta...