I have noticed there are Region 5A Subregion meets. Do the top 4 in each Subregion advance to an actual combined Region 5A meet? Or do the top 2 in each Subregion advance directly to the Class A West Sectional?
Top 4 go to the region meet three days later. Those that advance all the way to the state meet have 4 post season meets.
- The top four runners/throwers/vaulters/hurdlers move on to the combined region 5a meet on Thursday. Those region 5A runners sure can move their legs fast for being from such small schools. You had to run 10 flat in the boys 3200 just to get out of the north side of the region.
- Thanks. I just couldn't find the actual Region meet on a calendar anywhere, but I assumed it was happening. Yeah the competition is loaded!
- Warner Ray runs a 4:30.87 in the 1600 and doesn't get out? That's linsane.
xc1117Warner Ray runs a 4:30.87 in the 1600 and doesn't get out? That's linsane.
@xc1117 That is tough! What is tougher is Brookwood having to leave a 9:23 3200 runner at home because he's not in their top two!
- Based on the results, the Region 5A Championship was awesome as expected. A few questions:
1. Why only 7 finishers in the boys 3200? (How much time between the 1600 and 3200?)
2. What happened to Whitfield in the boys 4 x 400? Pretty shocking for the defending State Champions to "DNF".
3. What happened to Lindy Long? She seemed to be blazing all season, but this week ran some of her slowest times in the last few years. Hopefully she'll be OK by State so she can defend her 1st place finish in the 3200.
Boys 3200 had only 7...Keough didn't run.
Thornton went down during the 4x400. Not sure what happened. I hope he's ok too.
In the boys 1600, Mohme gets sniped for sectionals running a 4:25.2....THATS INSANE!
- First of all, are the results for the 5a meet going to be posted and if not, why? To answer your questions, Robby keough of whitfield didn't run the 3200, but had the race of his life for the 1600. Based off his profile, his previous pr was about 4:35 and he ran a 4:23 at regions, placing 3rd and he's only a freshman! Also Cameron thornton did collapse during the 4x4 and it did look pretty bad. He was on the ground for at least 15 minutes and I don't think it was just a cramp. I think he stained his hamstring or something as people were wrapping his leg. And for lindy long, I don't really know, but she did look pretty tense during her races.
- Robby did have a great race yesterday, but the talent in our region is very good. To have so many guys in one region meet under 4:30 is unbelieveable. As a Whitefield teammate, I know Robby did not run because one he was extremely tired from his great effort in the 1600, plus he was going to run inn the 4x4, which Cameron unfortunately got hurt in. But what a great race!
- Yeah our region is ridiculously tough for 1a, especially for distance events. I find it just stupid how they put 30 schools in our region, but the competition does help us get better. Next year our region will be much easier. But anyway, how is Cameron? he looked pretty hurt.
- @MPRunner21 The results are posted. You may have to go to the meet calendar to access them.
- Cameron should be ok for sectionals and state, but he definitely hurt himself pretty seriously. Even with some of the milers graduating, the region will still be above average next year with some really good underclassmen, including Robby.