Anyone know the results?
- may NEVER see them kinger .. have not been any results from meets there posted all season.. I see no reason why you should be allowed to host a region championship meet if you arent capable of getting results turned into the website for the other teams to see.
- Posted this elsewhere on this forum so will keep it abbreviated:
Boys teams: 1. Dalton (guessing 67 points)
2. Allatoona (one point more)
3. Woodland (Cartersville)
4. Hillgrove 82 points
15 points separated 1st from 4th, but 60 points separated 4th from 5th.
Girls teams: 1. Woodland (Cartersville)-78 points?
2. Allatoona 80 points?
3. Dalton (I heard the announcer say 5 points separated 1st from 3rd, so 83?)
4. Hillgrove 114 points
5. Rome 115 points
Sydney Champagne of Rome got sixth and will be the only girl from our region running at state without her team. 1st was Keisha Bennett of Woodland, maybe in 19:40 or 19:50. Second was Carina Nieto of Dalton in about 20:20. One of Nieto's teammates took third place. I'm not sure which Allatoona and Woodland runners finished fourth and fifth. Sydney, of course, took sixth.
Boys side: Henry Stevens-Carty of Allatoona in a time around 16:45 won. A teammate, Corbin Williams (?) finished second, breaking, I think, 17 min barely. Stephan Payne of Hillgrove took sixth. Chris Stuart of Hillgrove was 7th. Somebody else will have to fill in third, fourth and fifth.
- Since the teams did not get numbers and no electronic gear was used because of the rain, we may never know all the details of the boys race. I will try to piece together the scoring from the totals I have. I have to say it was the BEST four team race I hace ever seen. Truly what TEAM Cross Country is all about. Dalton wins with the tightest five man pack ever, I don't know if any of them were further than two strides away from each other the entire race. Congratulations to the coach and all the runners for believing in each other. Allatoona deserves huge credit also. Coach Ravenscraft and Holmgren are buliding something special in that two year old school.
LAst year Hillgrove won easily with 75 points. What a STRONG Region this was this year. I am guessing at the places for the spots I do not have runner names, but Dalton had to have been 13th to 18th to finish with 68. Incredible unity!
1 Henry Stevens-Carty Allatoona
2 Corbin Williams Allatoona
3 Cass or Murray County
4 Cameron Leonard Woodland
5 Cass or Murray County
6 Stephen Payne Hillgrove
7 Chris Stuart Hillgrove
11 Jon Sanders Hillgrove
28 Michael Burgess Hillgrove
30 Travis King Hillgrove
Coaches and parents, if you can fill in the gaps on this thread with any info, it would be greatly appreciated. Runners deserve their moments of fame and congratulations.
- I emailed the meet director and he said that he is turning them in today. Just wanted to give ya'll a heads-up.
- Andrew bruner from Dalton was 8th.
- Dalton guys 8th, 12th 14th,15th,19,20th,27th. 7th man in at 18:11
Girls teams were
1. Woodland 57
2. Alatoona 62
3. Dalton 67
4. Hillgrove 114
- Just found out the Official Results from the coach at Hillgrove. The full results will be up soon. Dalton actually did spread out on the third mile as Trailcat and others posted. (I was still impressed that every time I saw them go by they were packed up tight.) Hillgrove did edge out Woodland for third. Cameron Leonard will be the favorite in the Region next year with Corbin Williams of Allatoona. I assume Dalton will hide out again in Chattanooga and wait to swoop in again at the end to claim the title.
Hillgrove will miss this Region next year as we move up to 5AAAAA Region (or 4AAAAA Region, I hear there is much discussion). I hope Woodland, Rome, Murray County and Northwest Whitfield can reload and make this as strong a Region as it was this year. There are many fine coaches here I have had the pleasure to meet. And thanks to the Paulding coach for all the hard work he did blowing leaves, chalking lanes and making the race as safe as posible for our children in such wet conditions.
See everyone at State. Hopefully all our boys and girls teams will finish in the Top 10 Teams.
- Guess everyone will see how reclassification goes...Some of these North teams will most likely be going down, as Murray already has new high school opened , and several others have lower enrollments now.
- I know that Cass's mason walker got 3rd and Cass's Eric Townsend got 16th(which is me)