· This Summer I am attempting to set parameters to make it easier to capture an athlete's non HS meet performances. You all should realize that it is much more difficult and time consuming to match an athlete's name in the database when they are not competing for their HS, but for a Club and compounded even more when they compete unattached. Also, when an athlete's name is spelled incorrectly or a different first name is used than what their individual profile displays, makes the task even more complex and can in turn cause multiple profiles to be created for 1 athlete
· I am going to suggest some possible solutions to help prevent and lessen the occurrences of your athlete/child not experiencing unneccessary delays for their individual and team (HS/MS if they have an existing Profile) pages. There is also a way for athletes with no existing profile to begin one through their Club Team.
· There are some things to keep in mind and I will begin that gatfxc.com/ga.milesplit.us is primarily a HS Cross Country and Track and Field website. Our CEO wants that to remain our primary focus. However, a few states, including Georgia, have began to include Middle School meet results and Individual Rankings to help generate excitement and motivation for this age group as they will look forward to participating soon on the next level. In saying this, please realize that my time is limited and we will not include performances for athletes that are not at least rising 8th graders. If, a younger athlete though, has an existing Profile through Middle School competition this past school term, performances will be added to their existing profile.
· Exceptions- If an athlete without a profile, competes for their Club, we can auto-generate their performance to the Club Team page and an individual profile will be generated. This profile can also be managed by you through "Claiming" the athlete's Profile on the Club's Team Page.
· Once a MS athlete has entered HS, their MS/Club Profile can be merged into their new HS Profile so that all their performances in MS/Club will still be dispalayed on their individual Profiles!
· Running Unattached- If an athlete runs "unattached" and they have an existing Profile there should be no issues. However, if the athlete has no existing Profile I am not sure we can capture their performances. I will check with Jason (CEO and Creator of MileSplit on this)
What You Can Do to Help Out...
· A#1 Please spell your athlete's name correctly. I believe they deserve this much respect in being recognized statewide and nationwide perhaps. I know their parents will appreciate it as I get scores of e-mails during the HS season about this in BOLD CAPITALS w/ EXPLANATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
· Claim your athlete's new Profile (especially if your child is in MS or a freshman) if you are a parent. You will have some options to edit their Profile including spelling their name and adding pictures. They also can claim their Profile. Times/Marks of course cannot be altered.
· Another suggestion is to change their name being used (first name) during HS season to their real first name on their Profile. USATF and AAU may require the name displayed on their birth certificate.
· Let me know if your Club team is not listed in our database.
· If you believe that a Time/Mark has been reported incorrectly by USATF or AAU....That is who needs to be contacted. I post what they submit just like during the HS season.
Results MUST be in htm. File format for Performances!!
· Our database has been designed to capture Individual Performances when results compiled in Hy-Tek Meet Manager or Race Tab Meet Manger and an exportable htm.output file is generated and submitted via e-mail. We are often successful in going to USATF GA and the AAU site and copying their results IF they are in the htm. format. If, they have put in a Word or PDF file that renders them useless for capturing Individual performances.
· No Club Relay performances are captured as they often are all-star teams with athletes from different High Schools.
· Please give at least 48 hours to update meets during the Summer. Also, if there are no results submitted via e-mail or on the USATF/AAU sites, then of course I cannot post results/capture results. Once again you need to contact the MD or Association for a "what's up" when this happens.